Post Whole30 Paleo Tummy Upsets

chanan88

Hi! 

I recently completed my first whole30, I've never had any issues with foods prior to the whole30, I got a little over excited last week and instead of doing a proper reintroduction I just ate something different i hadnt been allowed each day without any real negative reaction (apart from some internal scolding) 

This week however I have started getting Paleo meals delivered to help me stay compliant to the paleo lifestyle (It weirdly works out cheaper than cooking meals for one every day!?!) Annnnyyywayyy every night this week I've had really bad stomach upsets at the end of the day, something I've never experienced before!!! I'm not eating the same thing each day so i dont know how to figure out whats upsetting my stomach?!? The only thing I can think of is that a couple of the meals are medium/mild spicy, I normally wouldnt touch spicy food as I'm a weakling!! Any spice turns my mouth on fire!! Is that something that could be causing the upset? 

Any advice?

Do the paleo meals have any preservatives in them to keep them fresh? As I know that I am sensitive to some preservatives. 

It def could be the spice, especially if you do not normally eat alot of spicy foods and then all of the sudden you are eating more spice. 

How did you feel post whole 30 but pre paleo delivery meals? 

Hi, I don't think the meals have preservatives in them but I'll ask!! they get delivered every second day so all supposed to be fresh anyway!!!

If its the spice will it calm down the more spice I eat??

I felt great post whole30!! I had a subway which left me feeling ridic bloated but apart from that no reactions to reintroducing foods!

What meal delivery service are you using? What standards of paleo do they use?

It is possible it is the spices or something else in the food. It is possible this is delayed reaction to what you ate immediately after your W30. There is a reason we recommend the protocol we do.

I use a company called Paleo Kitchen, I live in Christchurch New Zealand. Its the only service available, here they have a fb page no website.

I haven't eaten the same meal twice this week, so it would be concerning if it was something that was present in all meals (apart from spice)  I've paid for the full weeks meals if tummy issues continue this week then I will not order for next week and see if it resolves!

Understand that reintroduction is for a reason.

Archived