Monday February 24 start date- my concerns

momlumpkin

My start date will be in 2 days, Monday February 24, 2014.  I am still planning my shopping list today.  I have purchased a few must have items, weaned out illegals from my pantry and fridge.  I am a Mom of 3 children, one child that has special needs.  I am a special education teacher.  My middle daughter has just started her Varsity lacrosse season and I know I will be running from work to practice to games for the next 2 months...non stop.  I know that planning will be key for me.  I will remove sugar from my house, but will still need to prepare meals for my 3 children.  They might enjoy some of the Whole30 program.  I have some books, (It Starts with Food, and Paleo Slow Cooker recipes, and Paleo snacks) and  I have been online constantly.  I am blessed to have a friend who has traveled the road before me and has offered to be a sounding board for me.  My challenges ( in addition to those that are yet to be seen) are losing diet cokes, hazelnut creamer, sugar free mints (I remember teachers with stinky breath and it has always been a peeve of mine), and just all things with sugar in general.  If you look up sweet tooth in the dictionary you will see my picture.  However, I am highly motivated, encouraged, and determined...wish me luck!

Sounds like you will have a hectic schedule. Make sure you plan your meals well for the times you are running your kids to events, etc... So you don't get hungry, even if you have to keep a meal in a cooler in your car. Food prep day is your life saver :) any meals you can make in advance will help you stay on track. The days I struggled were the days I didn't plan well and didn't have enough food with me.

My best advice I can give is always have something easy in mind! One recipe I quickly throw together on busy, hectic, mom-forgot-to-plan, days is ground turkey, frozen green peppers, eggs, and just throw that all in a pan together with some coconut oil, salt & pepper (aka garbage stir-fry in my house). Super fast, super easy, and super good. My kids love it too! 

I know how busy things can be as a mother who works AND runs kids all over. But, you can do this and you will fell 10000000% times better and have so much more energy to deal with motherly duties when this is all done! 

I am also starting tomorrow.  I am a vegetarian - been that way since the 1980's.  I am worried about protein and cravings.  I eat well 75% and then I binge the rest.  It's terrible!  My goal is to rid myself of cravings, high blood pressure and cholesterol!  Good luck on your journey!  You are lucky to have a support system.  My family and friends think I'm crazy.  

Archived