Ren's Whole30 Log

Renee Kosowan

You Go Girl!! :lol:

You did great on your girls night out. Chocolate and cheese fondue - OMG! That one would be hard. I am glad someone was there that was supportive. I am also glad they had steak.

Your egg bake sounds good. I have not tried putting sweet potatoes in mine. Is it really good?

Congrats on the 7km in 41 minutes too!

Keep on keepin on!

Faith

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Faith!

You don't really notice the sweet potatoes in the egg bake. I think maybe next time I make it I will add more so that the veg to meat ratio is a little better. Mine was mostly meat this go around. I love that it can be an ever changing recipe and use up what you have on hand.

What do you usually put in your egg bake?

August 13, 2012

*Day 12 – Almost at 2 whole weeks!

*I had a pretty good sleep last night. Tonight I will try and get to bed super early and see if I can get up at 5 am to workout. I struggled to get out of bed this morning. The alarm kept ringing and I kept hitting snooze.

*I am starting a BodyRock/ZWOW 30 day challenge with a girlfriend today. They average about 12 minutes long but they are pretty intense. I will add these into my runs and my personal trainer workouts. Hopefully I am not too sore any of the days.

*Later lunch today due to an appointment at lunch. I am feeling great that I was able to drive to and from my appointment without reaching into the console to grab some almonds to snack on. Babysteps.

*Early dinner tonight as I have a client right after work and then off to the gym for a workout.

*A super busy night so I am glad I had brought some ‘dinner' for the end of my work day.

BodyRock Fit Test:

50 seconds on / 10 seconds off

Squat Jumps - 36

Push-ups - 24

Burpees - 14

High Knees - 130

Split Lunges - 24

Tuck Jumps - 18

Sit Ups (full) - 18

Breakfast (8:30am):

-2 Coffees w/ 2 tsp lite coconut milk (each)

-1 serving of Egg Bake

Lunch (1:15pm):

-Garlic Shrimp and Garlic Stirfry leftovers

Dinner (4:42pm):

-2 HBE

-2 Turkey meatballs

-1.5 cups of Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks

Snack:

-Almonds

-Single serve Unsweetened Applesauce

Water Intake: 158oz

Congrats on another great run!

I am going to have to try the sweet potatoes now that you say that. Check out my log today. I posted an egg casserole recipe that I made up with zucchini and it was great. I put about anything you can think of in egg casseroles and have a blast coming up with different concoctions.

Have another super day Ren! :lol:

Faith

August 14, 2012

*Day 13

*Trouble getting out of bed again. Other than that I feel fantastic.

*Good energy throughout the day. My ability to focus and have clarity is increasing.

*I had a client after work so it was a quick drive from work to their house with a stop at Safeway to pick up a compliant mini meal. I was hungry after I finished the 2 massages.

Breakfast (8:30am):

-2 Coffees w/ 2 tsp lite coconut milk (each)

-1 serving of Egg Bake

Lunch:

-Romaine Lettuce

-Cucumber

-Ground Lean Pork

-Homemade Olive Oil Mayo w/ Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (dressing)

Dinner (5:45am):

-2 HBE

-1 Banana

Snack:

-Baby Carrots (3:30pm)

-1/4 Avocado (3:30pm)

-1 cup ground beef with 1 tablespoon of mayo & southwestern seasoning (9:30pm)

Water Intake: 120oz

August 15, 2012

*Day 14 – Almost ½ way done started.

*Brutal sleep last night. Only 4 or so hours. I was tossing and turning like crazy. I woke up super tired too. This week has been off for my sleep. I have been sleeping deeply (or so it seems) but I haven't been getting enough hours. I need to do some rescheduling for next week. I think I have a lot of anxiety for this race coming up on Saturday. It is a Spartan Race and so different than my usual running races. I hope once the race is done it will settle back down.

*Going to be another late night. I think I am working too much these days. (stressed)

BodyRock Workout: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2012/08/13/fitness-is-sexy-full-real-time-workout/

Breakfast (7:30am):

-Black Coffee

-3 egg omelet with onions & green pepper

-Side of salsa

Lunch:

-4 turkey meatballs

Dinner:

-3 HBE

-Almonds

-Raw bell peppers (yellow and orange), cucumber

Snack:

-Almonds (9:30pm)

-Banana (9:30pm)

Water Intake: 126oz

August 16, 2012

*Day 15! Half way done the challenge, but nowhere near done perfecting my diet. I am still very excited for the things to come.

*Dream last night was about Wheat Thins, so boring, no cheese, or PB, or anything yummy to go with them.

*I am concerned about the beans I ate at lunch. The BF made them and I am not sure they are compliant enough. I am extending the challenge until September 15th (friend's wedding) at which time I will enjoy some wine.

*I didn't' get to bodyrock because our dinner was out with my brother (& SIL) & sister and it was really stressful. I went home and straight to bed.

Breakfast (7:30am):

-6 Egg Whites with pepper

-Coffee Black

Lunch:

-Chicken Breast – BBQ'd

-Green Beans – sautéed – possible questionable spice as they made me crazy uncomfortable.

Dinner:

-8oz Grilled Steak

-Steamed Veggies (Zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms)

-Steamed Asparagus

Snack:

-Coffee Black (11am)

-Green Tea (3:30pm)

Water Intake: 96oz with lemon, 32oz with lime (Drank lots at dinner)

Hey Renee, I'm a newbie to your log! Everytime you post in mine, or send a like my way, I always think that I should stop on by to check your log out... It seems I'm in a bit of a forum bubble!! Anyway, I'm glad I came over to check out your progress. You have a very active life, something I strive toward! You're doing great, good for you, and keep up the great work.

August 17, 2012

*Day 16 – on the home stretch

*Had a much better sleep last night finally! Excited to get back into the swing of good sleeping. I still woke up at 2:30am but I was only up for about 20 minutes or so. I know I was tossing and turning a fair bit as well. I think the BF is ready for me to settle down and stop flopping all over the place.

*We had a Crave Cupcake birthday cake for 2 of the guys in our office at my project meeting this afternoon. This cake is soo good and it took everything I had not to just take a lick of the icing off the knife. Proud of myself.

Breakfast (8:15am):

-Black Coffee

-4 Egg Whites (using them up & no HBE prepped)

Lunch:

-3 Turkey Meatballs

Dinner:

-2 HBE

-Baby Carrots

-Celery

-Pear

Snack:

-Car Almonds! Way to many to count these days

Water Intake: 120oz

August 18, 2012

*Day 17

*SPARTAN RACE this morning! Woke up early after an ok sleep and ate my pre-race meal. It is tough for this one because this is the first time I have had to race while on this new eating plan. Normally I would have some gluten free toast and peanut butter.

*Race went well. Man was it muddy! I feel pretty drained and just wanted a hot shower and a nap afterwards. I pushed myself pretty hard to beat a certain person and it paid off. I missed lunch. And now it is 6pm and I am wiped and Hangry. We are low on food and this is frustrating.

*Felt really drained all evening. The kind of drained after a race where I know I pushed myself. I am pretty sore too from the event. I know an early night sleep will help.

Breakfast(7:30am):

-Pear

-Pulled Pork plain

Post Race (11:30am):

-Apple

Home Snack (3pm):

-Almonds

Dinner:

-Mahi Mahi with S&P & Lemon juice

-Stirfry Onion, Yellow & Green Pepper – Coconut butter, garlic powder

-Berries with Lite Coconut Milk

Snacks:

-More Almonds

Water Intake: 60oz – dehydrated today

Congratulations on the race Renee and beating that certain person! :P I hope the soreness goes away soon.

I understand about being frustrated when you run out of groceries. In the old days that is when we would order a pizza. We can't do that anymore and so it can be really frustrating when you want to eat right and easy.

I have not ever tried cooking with coconut butter. I will have to do that one of these days. Your combo up there with the Mahi Mahi looks so good.

Have a great day!

Faith

Thanks Faith!

I just wish we had a constant supply of eggs and peppers and I would always ok! I could eat those things forever.

Ooops. I meant Coconut Oil... I don't have coconut butter because I am afraid it tastes too good on the spoon (like Almond butter or PB - habit I am trying to break - unsuccessful so far)

BE AFRAID OF THE COCONUT BUTTER.... BE VERY AFRAID!

I made the mistake of trying it, I think my second W30, which starts as soon as my first one ends, I am going to eliminate coconut milk in coffee(which will likely end in no coffee), and I'm going to make coconut butter off limits too... at least for 30 days anyway!

Me too Ren! I can understand the fear of Coconut butter - not sure I want to go there especially with Lola's EXTREME warning :lol:!

Lola - I have gotten used to black coffee now. The cold brew is so smooth - hot and black is pretty much the way I drink it all the time. I have an occasional cup of iced with coconut milk. I do not like it hot with coconut milk idk why but I don't.

Hope you are feeling better Renee!

Have a great one!

Faith

I think I will steer clear from the coconut butter! Thank you for the warning. I have no control if I can eat it by the spoonful. (like Peanut butter and now Almond butter)

Thanks Faith, my day was much better after the advice from you and Kaye.

Archived