out of the house all day!

I have a long day this Sunday (at Crufts dog show, I'm a rockstar, i know!) so the food available will be very non-whole 30. Time to bust out the lunch boxes!!

Does anyone have any suggestions about meals I can prepare in advance to get me through a veryyy long day on my feet and without access to any microwave/oven etc?

I find raw and steamed veggies travel very well (steamed broccoli and/or green beans, raw bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes, carrots, etc.). Hardboiled eggs will be ok if it isnt' too hot out or you keep them in a cooler. I find compliant jerky (gourmet grassfed) easily, so that is good to pack. Also cans of salmon or tuna. An avocado is a great thing to take if you want to make a tuna salad sort of thing, just keep it whole until lunch then mix everything together (much safer than keeping mayo unrefrigerated). If you don't do the avocado you might want to bring some nuts or a packet of nut butter for fat. Fruit is nice too (esp. with that nut butter), just don't count on fruit alone. Make sure you have protein and fat and vegetables covered.

Have a fun day, I'm sure the pups will enjoy the music  :)

I would probably stick to a creamy salad, like tuna, egg or mayo. Hardboiled eggs, avocado, raw veggies (I despise cold cooked veggies).  Can you pack a soft cooler with an ice pack?

Also, I can house a cold rotisserie chicken, lol.  It tastes so good, I can eat it cold w/o heating it up.  You can also roast a turkey breast in advance, and slice it thinly.  then make lettuce wrap turkey sandwiches with tomato onion and mustard. I pack lettuce leaves in my cold lunch all the time for wraps as work.  They travel good, surprisingly.

Archived