Starting Monday March 10th

cdnj

Hi!

I'm starting Monday. I can do this. I CAN do this! My biggest problem is sugar leading to over consumption of, well, junk. I can have up to 6 packets of stevia per day. That's just crazy. I've been cutting back this week. It's not easy but I NEED to do this. I don't like all the addictions I have to food & I know my mood is linked to my poor choices. My meals are spot on but the snacking in between is what sabotages me. That's why I'm committing to this. I feel like I'm in confession but, I sneak food when no one is looking. That's sick. Food will not have this power over me. I am so much stronger than that!

I was a vegetarian for 15 years but just added fish last year. I think I'll stick with fish and eggs for now. I stopped all meats due to IBS so I'm reluctant to go back. I've been drinking protein shakes every morning for YEARS so that deduction will be new. 

What I've been doing has not been working, so I'm open to change. I'm glad to be a part of this community. I think I'll need the support! 

Welcome! You can do this! The sugar thing will be hard, if you need to snack then make sure you have some mini meals ready so you can avoid eating fruit. Tea might help when you are trying to slay the sugar dragon. Just make sure the tea doesn't have soy lecithin, stevia or other sweetener. Good Luck!

My sister and I are doing our second Whole 30 starting Monday as well. First time I was not very organised. I was bored by the end as I was eating eggs for every single breakfast and by the end of it I was over it and couldn't wait to finish. I also didn't do the reintroduction at the end because I went away for a weekend and ended up diving into everything. This time I'm going to plan better and be ready for every meal. I might also see more results as well. Fingers crossed.

Hi Guys,

Monday is my start date for my first ever Whole30 and I'm very excited and a little nervous too :)

I have friends who did the program and they can't say enough positive things.

For me cutting out all grain will be the tricky part, I'm GS so the wheat and bread isn't an issue but I do use a lot of brown rice, quinoa and legumes. Just have to learn some new recipes I guess ;)

I've got tomorrow scheduled to clear out the pantry and fridge and hit the market (shopping list done thanks to the nom nom paleo app).

Really looking forward to seeing changes to my sleeping patterns, energy levels and digestive health.

If I lose some weight that's an added bonus - I need to, but my focus is really on the health side and finally confirming just what foods/ingredients don't agree with me.

Look forward to sharing the experience!!

My sister and I are doing our second Whole 30 starting Monday as well. First time I was not very organised. I was bored by the end as I was eating eggs for every single breakfast and by the end of it I was over it and couldn't wait to finish. I also didn't do the reintroduction at the end because I went away for a weekend and ended up diving into everything. This time I'm going to plan better and be ready for every meal. I might also see more results as well. Fingers crossed.

Hi Iana,

I was thinking that eggs were going to be my go to breakfast. Good to know that didn't work for you. My plan for today is searching recipes so I don't get bored. I'm sure it will get a bit boring only eating fish and eggs! Thanks for the advice and good luck to you!

Day 3 today and I feel fluey. Got runny nose and a sore eye. Might be conjunctivitis. Drank some green tea with ginger and turmeric so I hope it goes away. I think the biggest thing with breakfast is not being afraid of eating other food rather than eggs. Yesterday I had bone broth with beef patties, sweet potato and silverbeet. My dinners are much more adventurous. If you like some ideas, visit my Facebook page www.facebook.com/forrealfood

I post my dinners mostly but on the weekend might post breakfasts too. :)

Ok today I realised that sometimes I eat for something to do while watching tv. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I NEED to do something while watching tv. Weekends are harder for me because when I'm at work, I'm busy and food doesn't enter my mind until meal time but on the quiet weekend I get bored and I think I'm hungry but I don't think I am. I'm just bored so I try to occupy myself as much as I can. I'm doing well but weekends is when I let myself eat whatever and I didn't this weekend so I'm proud of myself.

Ok today I realised that sometimes I eat for something to do while watching tv. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I NEED to do something while watching tv. Weekends are harder for me because when I'm at work, I'm busy and food doesn't enter my mind until meal time but on the quiet weekend I get bored and I think I'm hungry but I don't think I am. I'm just bored so I try to occupy myself as much as I can. I'm doing well but weekends is when I let myself eat whatever and I didn't this weekend so I'm proud of myself.

Great job Iana. This first weekend was not easy for me either, but I expected it to be worse. My husband and I have these habits on the weekends...glass of wine at 5 on Fridays followed by gluten free pizza, wine and Chinese on Saturday but so far so good. I can't believe the changes I've made this week and I'm proud of myself as well. I drink tea while I watch TV. At lease my hands are occupied. I think, too what's motivating me is that I already feel slimmer and feel good overall. Sleep, digestion, mood, it's all great. Energy seems to be good most of the time. Today I'm going to work on finding some new recipes. 

Keep up the good work!

How is everyone doing so far? I've enjoyed reading about your days as today is my first. You're all going to do great!

Welcome Marla, 

It's definitely going better than I thought. On one hand, I'm shocked at the changes I've been able to make this week. On the other, I'm very familiar with the effect that food has on us (cravings, mood, energy) so it's really no surprise that I have no cravings. It's really just about creating new habits and stopping the mindless eating. It's now shocking to me how much I was eating before.

I hope your first week goes well. There is a great community here. My questions are always answered by great people. Good luck! 

Thank you cdnj. I also picked a good time to do this coz my husband is away and when he's here there are more temptations. He orders pizza and it calls my name while I'm picking through my salad :) So at least there are no distractions. Apart from this I'm feeling good I'm satisfied when I eat and I try to mix it up this time so that I don't get bored. I went through my cookbook collection and bookmarked any recipes that are whole30 compliant or can be converted. I made pulled pork on Friday and it was so yum. Google Civilised Caveman pulled pork. You won't regret it. It's delish.

You guys are going strong!! Keep up the great work! You're a little over halfway, right? That's super encouraging.

I've noticed I get antsy after too much caffeine during class so my mind is anxious & I start to crave something sweet. Today I went for a sweet potato, but want to make sure I don't continue to fall for the false sense of hunger = too much fruit & sweet potatoes & nuts. Yikes!

• 2 weeks later...

Day 18 but I haven't felt tiger blood yet. I have consistent energy throughout the day though. I think I might be overdoing it with sweet potato because I add it to 2 meals per day and I'm starting to feel like it's my treat. There were a couple of days where I felt hungry between meals but I think it's because I didn't have enough protein for breakfast and I had to eat lunch early and then I was hungry again so I had two dates and dinner later. I know I should stay away from dates, unfortunately they taste too good and I need to con soils close the packet and step away from the dates :)

I'm getting bored with eggs again. Need to do serious research on what else to make for breakfast.

Came close to quitting and was tempted to eat a cake but didn't do either. I'm not that kind of person to quit. My sister has quit. She gets bouts of pancreatitis and whole 30 just doesn't agree with her probably due to the fat quantity. I'm on my own but I'll finish this.

Day 18 but I haven't felt tiger blood yet. I have consistent energy throughout the day though. I think I might be overdoing it with sweet potato because I add it to 2 meals per day and I'm starting to feel like it's my treat. There were a couple of days where I felt hungry between meals but I think it's because I didn't have enough protein for breakfast and I had to eat lunch early and then I was hungry again so I had two dates and dinner later. I know I should stay away from dates, unfortunately they taste too good and I need to con soils close the packet and step away from the dates :)

I'm getting bored with eggs again. Need to do serious research on what else to make for breakfast.

Came close to quitting and was tempted to eat a cake but didn't do either. I'm not that kind of person to quit. My sister has quit. She gets bouts of pancreatitis and whole 30 just doesn't agree with her probably due to the fat quantity. I'm on my own but I'll finish this.

Keep going!!! This is such a long month but it's almost over. I was hoping for the tiger blood, too. I don't think that will come until I finally breakdown and try some meat. The best part is that I have no cravings for sugar or junk food. I was so hungry between lunch and dinner yesterday but I think the most annoying part of this is not having a glass of wine on Friday night. Weekends are tough! I'm hosting my son's b/day party tomorrow. Cake, treats, awesome food, ugh! I have a plan for some Whole30 approved snacks and I may even try shrimp for the first time. I'm serving mimosas to the adults since I hate mimosas! 10 more days!!

This morning I've hit the "what's next" stage. I was thinking how much I love how I'm feeling right now: energised, clear headed, not bloated but at the same time I'm ready to get back to the norm. I normally go for 80/20 with my eating. 80% primal, 20% not but I know that this kind of feeling comes only on whole30. It makes me feel kind of uncertain in whether to treat myself or not. Whether to enjoy that piece of cake or consider how it will make me feel later... I'm thinking ill do whole30 every 6 months or so to get cleansed. How's everyone else going?

This morning I've hit the "what's next" stage. I was thinking how much I love how I'm feeling right now: energised, clear headed, not bloated but at the same time I'm ready to get back to the norm. I normally go for 80/20 with my eating. 80% primal, 20% not but I know that this kind of feeling comes only on whole30. It makes me feel kind of uncertain in whether to treat myself or not. Whether to enjoy that piece of cake or consider how it will make me feel later... I'm thinking ill do whole30 every 6 months or so to get cleansed. How's everyone else going?

I'm so jealous of your energy. I'm getting over some stupid virus and I have NO energy! I really wish I felt better mentally, too. I guess I have to give myself a break and fully recover first. My plan for after this whole30 is to remain mostly the same, but when I want a glass of wine I'm going to have one. The one thing I'm not doing is going back to mindless eating. That is such an issue with me. It would also be nice to make a paleo friendly sweet treat as well. Almost there!!!  :lol:

Archived