Struggling to get to my former Whole30 status

I did my first Whole30 this summer and I was absolutely amazed by the results. I didn't lose a lot of weight (didn't have to), but I got really toned, especially around my stomach, and I felt I looked great. I lost it after an everything-you-can-eat vacation in October and been struggling to get it back since. I did a second Whole30 right after I got back just to get somewhat in shape, and I haven't been eating bad, sticking mostly to Paleo. However, I haven't been able to get that beautiful toned shape I used to have. I'm currently in the middle of a third Whole30 and I have really been trying to stick to the same eating regime, even the same food, as I did during my first fabulous time. Still can't seem to get to the point where I was back then.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I'm doing the same amount of working out as I did back then and I'm not sleep deprived (if anything, I sleep even better/more now). I'm pretty sure I eat enough (three meals, plus pre- and post-WOD snacks, all according to the meal template) as I always feel satisfied and like I said, I'm eating pretty much exactly the same things as I did the first time. How can I feel almost no change at all this time when the first time got me to such great results?

Ahhh I see. Could you not be pushing yourself as hard as you were during your workouts? The body has a remarkable way of adapting to the stress that we put on it. Also, could you be bloated/retaining more water due to your menstrual cycle? Give it time--I mean you're only halfway through this whole 30...the whoosh that you're looking for could be right around the corner.

If you came to W30 from a lifetime of unhealthy eating, your first W30 often give dramatic improvements.  If you have been staying fairly clean since, even with the all-you-can-eat binge, you don't have as far to go, so the results can be more subtle.  It may take longer to really trigger your body into any drastic change, or the rate of change may remain slower.  Don't give up.  This is a journey, and even a repeat trip to the same place is rarely exactly the same.

Archived