Va_aef's Whole30 log

va_aef

Today's day 1, and it's only 9:45, so I don't have much to post. I am at home all day with the kids because it's a snow day. I am sure I will be making some hot chocolate soon, glad I don't really care for it!

Coffee with canned coconut milk was fine, feel like I have a little acid reflux, but that could be unrelated.

Planning on either running on the treadmill or doing a Pure Barre workout.

Didn't get breakfast in this morning, still trying to figure out that, I think I might cook up some meat into little sausage patties I can defrost first thing - I just don't like breakfast.

Today's day 1, and it's only 9:45, so I don't have much to post. I am at home all day with the kids because it's a snow day. I am sure I will be making some hot chocolate soon, glad I don't really care for it!

Coffee with canned coconut milk was fine, feel like I have a little acid reflux, but that could be unrelated.

Planning on either running on the treadmill or doing a Pure Barre workout.

Didn't get breakfast in this morning, still trying to figure out that, I think I might cook up some meat into little sausage patties I can defrost first thing - I just don't like breakfast.

Congratulations! When do you eat dinner at night? If you can eat dinner earlier you may become hungry at breakfast time. Also do not drink coffee before you eat breakfast. Coffee will actually suppress your appetite. It may take a while for your hormones to regulate so that you are actually hungry in the morning. Does your coconut milk have guar gum in it? Although this ingredient is compliant during your whole30 your body may not like it and could be why you had acid reflux. Also coffee is very acidic and can cause acid reflux.

Does your coconut milk have guar gum in it? Although this ingredient is compliant during your whole30 your body may not like it and could be why you had acid reflux. Also coffee is very acidic and can cause acid reflux.

It does have guar gum in it, it's the regular one from whole foods, I am hitting the store tomorrow to stock up on more supplies and will look for a coconut milk without it!

Morning

2 cups of coffee with about 1,5 tablespoons coconut milk per cup

10:00am roasted pork tenderloin and roasted cauliflower (leftovers)

* tomorrow I an going to work on eating before coffee

Afternoon

Lunch was an Aidells chicken and apple sauage, brocolli and coconut oil

Needed a snack at 3ish had more pork tenderloin

* need bigger meals

Evening

Snacked on coconut butter while cooking, promptly hid coconut butter in the back of the cabinet

Made better butter chicken from Everyday Paleo meant to cook asparagus, but forgot. Family ate their chicken over rice. Ate a forgotten slice of pear of my daughter's plate

Kind of let this fall off, but still holding strong!

Morning -

Eggs scrambled with olive oil

Coffee with coconut milk x 2

Almonds 1/4 cup

Afternoon

Salad with steak - dressed with olive oil and lemon

Half a small mango

Olives

Coconut butter

Mix of raw walnuts and cashews

Dinner

Sausage

Peppers and onions cooked in olive oil

Salad with avocado and oranges dressed with red wine vinegar and olive oil

Drinks

Lots on mineral water with lemon

1 bottle of kombucha

Today was a little nut heavy, I don't think most my days are, I usually keep it to one serving but we were going over to a neighbors for dinner and I didn't want to walking in hungry!

Wow, weekends are harder. Not that I wanted to eat off plan, but my hand did go into the almond bag more than it should have!

Morning - before pure barre class

3 little breakfast sausages

3 asparagus

Coffee with coconut milk x 2

Post workout

Almonds and more coffee

Afternoon

1 Italian sausage

Asparagus

Peppers and onions

More handfuls of almonds

Few pieces of cantaloupe and a few raspberries

Dinner

Cod breaded with almond flour

Homemade kale chips

Homemade garlic aioli

Last if the asparagus

Lots of mineral water all day long and one kombucha

Hi there!

Meals are looking good.

Some feedback on your post WO and snacks. For best results, follow the meal template recommendations. Post WO is protein and carb, no fat. Nuts are a fat source on the Whole30.

The need to snack between meals can be an indication that your earlier meals need to be bigger. Play around with your protein, veg and fat portions until your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours. In the meantime, if you are genuinely hungry in between meals  (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal containing a protein and fat.

Starting over on day 1 tomorrow. I was at a four day conference, day 1 and 2 were great, then I ran out of Paleo Packs and Lara bars.

I have no major travel plans over the next 30 days, I know I can keep to it!

Archived