Why oh why???

DeannaDaniels

I KNOW good and well I can't eat peanuts. Why did I go to whole foods, make a batch of cashew butter and then proceed to make a batch of peanut butter, making sure to use the raw peanuts (what was I thinking) I was so concerned with getting my no sugar nut butters that I completely forgot about no peanuts somehow. Well after a wonderfully balanced meal I reached for a spoonful of peanut butter! As soon as I ate it I remembered. It's almost as if the taste reminded me. Oh well, Day six is now going to be day one. The funny thing is I don't mind that much because I am so happy with the way I am eating and I don't even have anything I'd like to eat before I get back to day one tomorrow. Just a little disappointed.

That was a big adjustment for me also!  I had never known that peanuts were actually a legume instead of listed as the rest of the nuts which I think is fat  - haven't looked for a while - still don't eat the peanuts but do use cashews, and hazel nuts and brazil nuts Even broke down and bought some macadamia nuts - just trying to get variety - when I take my pills they stick and I use slivered almonds or cashews usually to get them down.    Blessings on your journey!!

I KNOW good and well I can't eat peanuts. Why did I go to whole foods, make a batch of cashew butter and then proceed to make a batch of peanut butter, making sure to use the raw peanuts (what was I thinking) I was so concerned with getting my no sugar nut butters that I completely forgot about no peanuts somehow. Well after a wonderfully balanced meal I reached for a spoonful of peanut butter! As soon as I ate it I remembered. It's almost as if the taste reminded me. Oh well, Day six is now going to be day one. The funny thing is I don't mind that much because I am so happy with the way I am eating and I don't even have anything I'd like to eat before I get back to day one tomorrow. Just a little disappointed.

I would chalk it up to an honest mistake and continue onto day 7! Now you're fully aware! But, if you feel like you should restart, you can also!

I didn't really know that was an option. I thought once you mess up even a little, you need to restart

If you willfully eat something off-plan, that constitutes a restart.

Accidentally eating something off-plan only merits a restart if it's something that is a common gut disruptor.

I'd put this in the 'press on' category. Hide your peanut butter until you're done. You could delay reintroducing legumes for 5 days to give yourself 30 consecutive legume-free days.

Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement guys. Good thing I didn't eat anything else I wasn't supposed to in expectation of a restart. The only rule I broke was I did get on the scale for my new day one but it was great news, 5 pounds down already. I'm not focused on that but it was good to know. I just feel so good. On the plus side I got my parents to commit so today was technically day one for all three of us. I'm going to track my pace as though I hadn't reset but I'm going to stick it out until their day 30. LOVING THIS SOOOO MUCH!!!

Archived