Got my (Whole30 approved) bacon order from US Wellness Meats...

KRCMommy

It's funny, I expected it to taste different...but it tasted exactly the same (but better...hard to explain)!  The slices were perfectly uniform and the smokiness was wonderful.  I also bought some "bacon ends" to use.  You won't miss the sugar!!!

• 4 months later...

I love the US Wellness Meats Bacon.  I just received about 5 packs in the mail along with some other stuff.  Pederson's makes various kinds of bacon that is sold in Whole Foods and elsewhere.  They actually have a sugar free bacon now for us Whole30/paleo people.  I think it's been around at least since last year, but my local wholefoods just started carrying it sporadically in the spring.  

Both brands are very good, but definitely taste distinctly different from one another.  I think pederson's is a bit saltier (in a good way).  It will go back and forth between them so i am not constantly ordering bacon online.  I do like the fact that US Wellness Meats puts a LOT of bacon in each pack...the Pederson's brand only gives you about 8-9 slices per package.  But overall I think the price per slice is about even.  

Here is a link to the product so you can keep an eye out for it.  

http://pedersonsfarms.com/product/uncured-no-sugar-hickory-smoked-bacon-natural-paleo-bacon/

Archived