Planning Whole 30 -UK and first time

alementa

Hello,

I'm looking to try a Whole 30 at the beginning of April and wondered if anyone had any tips or advice? I have mild IBS and a prolactinoma (benign brain tumour on the pituitary gland) and was wondering whether to do the AIP or FODMAPS or maybe both?

Anyways pleased to meet everyone!

Hello,

I'm looking to try a Whole 30 at the beginning of April and wondered if anyone had any tips or advice? I have mild IBS and a prolactinoma (benign brain tumour on the pituitary gland) and was wondering whether to do the AIP or FODMAPS or maybe both?

Anyways pleased to meet everyone!

Is this your first whole30? They recommend that you do the original program the first time. This may be enough to get you on the road to better health. You can always try the FODMAPS or AIP next time.

The best advise I can give you is to be prepared. Read the "New to Whole30" on the website. Read every label twice. Cook and prep most of your food one day during the week so you always have compliant stuff to eat. There will be days when you are tired and don't want to cook. Have a plan for how you will handle social events.

Read "Crazy Things People Say" forum. It is a riot and will make you feel like part of the group because we have all heard these things during our whole30.

Check out the timeline for what to expect during your whole30. You Can Do It! http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/.  

*waves* from Exeter. I did my first Whole30 (60 days in the end) last September/October and coped with a holiday and a weekend away during that time. Make sure you have read the book ISWF and read every label - the ingredients, not the nutritional values. Anything with added sugar is a no-no and that includes anything ending -ose and loads of other sneaky things too. 

There is a thread going for March UK starters - have a look and join us. I am currently doing March 1st to Easter Sunday. Where are you? It would be good to meet someone who understands. 

Good luck. 

P.S. Sign up for the daily emails as they are a great help on your first trip. 

Hello and thank you for the replies.

I will stick to the basic whole 30 this time then as it will be my first time and definitely check out that thread.

I'm in Oxford and will also sign up for those emails to keep me going through it.

Can't wait to start!

alementa: good for you! There aren't very many of us in the UK (or at least people aren't that active on the forums!) but interacting with people whether in the UK or US or anywhere is really useful, just to keep in touch and bounce ideas off each other. Having said that there are a few UK threads on the forum which you might like to have a look at as there is some info on how and where to source ingredients and ideas about eating out (difficult!) and food prep. Feel free to ask anything though!! Good luck!

Archived