Snacks

I am currently on day 10 and I feel great but I'm having a problem with staying full between meals. I work 11 hour days (currently in the middle of a 10 day stretch) and I drive about 45 minutes each way. Which means, I eat breakfast around 6:30a, lunch around 1:00p (I'm a pharmacist so it's it's more like when I get a chance to shove food in my mouth) and supper around 8. I've been trying to eat a big breakfast (two eggs, homemade salsa, bacon or sausage, half an avocado, tomatoes, and a small portion of fruit) and have been good about not snacking between meals but I get so hungry before the next one comes around. Would it be ok to eat a small peice of fruit and almonds between meals? Or is there something else I should be doing?

Hi,

My hours are similar to yours with commute on either side. I'm also on day 10.  I've found that  I need 3 eggs with breakfast and no fruit to feel full until lunch.  I'm still hungry when lunch comes, but if I have fruit with breakfast it seems worse.  I do have sweet potatoes with my breakfast everyday for the starch though.  And I have fruit with lunch and dinner.  Just not with breakfast.  

Maybe worth a try for you?  

Good luck!

Archived