mexican food

elgn23

Probably a pointless question- but is there anything that can be eaten at mexican restaurants? I used to get fajitas and just eat the meat and veggies with guac- but I don't know what kind of oil they use for cooking. I usually have no problem making my own tortilla-less fajitas at home, but my non-paleo family loves to meet at the mexican restaurant on the weekends.

thanks!

It's tricky.  You'd need to ask lots of questions.

Besides ensuring they use compliant oil, you'd also need to ask about the seasonings and any marinades on the veggies and meats. Watch out for things like sugar, gluten, and soy in the seasonings.  

I'd suggest calling ahead of time, speaking to a manager to ask your questions, and see if it's possible to get something compliant that you would find satisfying.

Mexican food was one of the hardest things to give up considering I'm Mexican and grew up on tamales, enchiladas, and tacos and homemade tortillas!! Since starting whole30 (currently round 3) has definitely made me more knowledgable about how unhealthy so much of that is for my body. Not gonna lie still crave it but has definitely given me more Will power to say no. Be strong!!

Archived