Fruit??

dboroviak

On the program guidelines it says "Eat real food - eat seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of fats from fruits, oils, nuts, and seeds".

I'm just wondering what fruits you can eat, if there is a restriction on the amount etc.

Thanks!!

Dayna :)

All fruits are acceptable. The rules are:

1. Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate, just because it's more fun to eat. Veggies for the win (micronutrient-density-wise), so eat your veggies and then occasionally add some fruit.

2. Don't use fruit to prop up your sugar cravings. If you're snacking on lots of fruit because you miss your (insert other sugary food here), you're missing the point of the program.

Those should help you make good choices during your Whole30, and then adjust your own intake to whatever is right for you beyond.

Holy bejezus! Somehow my sub-par reading comprehension has done it to me again! I skipped over the "some fruit" and have avoided all fruit for the past 4 days. Hallelujah! I can have fruit again. Oh, happy day.

I can't tell you how clean I've been eating. Well, yeah, you probably know. Anyway, thanks for making my day with something I already should have known!

Denny

• 2 months later...

All fruits are acceptable. The rules are:

2. Don't use fruit to prop up your sugar cravings. If you're snacking on lots of fruit because you miss your (insert other sugary food here), you're missing the point of the program.

Those should help you make good choices during your Whole30, and then adjust your own intake to whatever is right for you beyond.

This basically puts dried fruit out, then, because it a) concentrates the sweetness and B) ends up being just another snack food?

I never know if I'm propping up my sugar cravings (you'd think if I were I'd be guzzling that bottle of maple syrup that I still have in my fridge) or just eating fruit because, you know, it's fruit season and there is every kind of fruit imaginable at my farmer's market and I really like fruit, because they are sweet but also wet and juicy and sour and they each have their own special flavor. I mean, I don't see a huge difference in my psychological experience of a bowl of blackberries and of a fresh red pepper sliced up and eaten raw, and then I start to doubt myself and wonder if I should feel guilty about how much I enjoy tomatoes and peppers.

Archived