Starting Whole30 TODAY

tbarnum

Hi all,

I'm starting today and am looking forward to feeling amazing.  I know this is going to challenging but it's something I need to do for myself.  I've wanted (and needed) a change for a while but didn't really know where to start.  Then Whole30 came alone - and now I'm here!

I recently turned 31 and have type II diabetes, high cholesterol, PCOS, asthma and a variety of back, neck, shoulder, knee pain/injury.  I smoke - or did, as of yesterday. I know that I don't always make the best food choices but I'm done living this week.  This is going to be hard, but being unhealthy is hard.  Being addicted to nicotine is hard.  Living with consistent pain is hard.  Today, I chose my hard - and in the grander scheme of things, I don't think it's going to be that "hard."  Because I'm worth it. I'm always worth it.

So I'm here - joined by my husband and a couple of coworkers. And I'm truly excited.

Hi-- Just started today too! I'm 52 and pretty fit because i try  to go to the gym 6 days a week but i have IBS, diverticulitis, arthritis and i drink too much alcohol! When i drink I smoke :-( . I have a mitro valve prolapse so the last thing i need to be doing is drinking alcohol and smoking. After having two massive hangovers last week and stomach issues I decided it's time for a change and there is no time like now to get started so here we are! Went to the gym this morning and had a paleo taco salad for lunch made with grass fed beef, organic lettuce etc. and sipping on Kombucha tea now. How is your first day going so far? 

Hi!  So far so good for the most part. The hardest part will be this evening when the cravings kick in - both for cigarettes and sweets.  But I've got some ideas lined up to keep me busy so I'm not just sitting around wanting to eat everything in sight!

Archived