Which is the better option?

eclaire

I'm on day 12 and cruising along very well, I'm happy to say!

We're meeting some friends for dinner tonight and I'm wondering about what to order. I've checked the menu online and I'm confident that with a few tweaks I'll be able to order a compliant meal. But I know that the restaurant will not be serving grass fed beef or wild salmon. So my question is which would be the better option? Should I order the steak, which is grain fed or the farm raised salmon? After eating grass-fed beef and wild salmon for nearly two weeks, I don't actually want to eat either one but I also want to go out and enjoy myself!

Thanks for your feedback!

Personally I'd go with the salmon. I like to have that when I eat out because I don't get enough at home. While farm raised is not ideal, it's only one meal and salmon does have good fat.

Thanks all for your comments. I ended up having a garden salad with Evoo & balsamic vinegar, plain grilled salmon with lemon and a side of steamed broccoli. I must be settling well into this style of eating because it really wasn't difficult to avoid the bread basket or dessert. But I must admit I would have liked to have had a glass of wine. I guess that's one of the things I'll reintroduce first! :)

Archived