Hard boiled eggs & dining out

eabs

Is there anything any kind of restaurant can do to hard boiled eggs that would make them non-compliant? I just started my Whole30 and am traveling for work next week, trying to think of eating out options besides Chipotle. I was thinking places along the lines of Saladworks might be ok where I can make my own salad, and add hard boiled egg as protein? Any thoughts?

I think it's pretty impossible to make a hard-boiled egg non-compliant. :) You should be fine getting hard-boiled eggs anywhere: restaurant, grocery store, etc.

Carnitas and guacamole are really your only compliant options at Chipotle, per this website https://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/ingredients_statement/ingredients_statement.aspx

If you go to Saladworks' website and click on their allegen menu, you can click on all the things you can't eat, and it will give you options. That would be a place to start.

Here is the Whole9 dining out guide, which provide additional dining out tips. 

I think it's pretty impossible to make a hard-boiled egg non-compliant. :) You should be fine getting hard-boiled eggs anywhere: restaurant, grocery store, etc.

I wish this were true! Panera's hidden menu adds wheat starch, I think or corn starch maybe? to the hard boiled egg crumble they put on their salads. A hard boiled egg still intact as an egg should be fine.

These have saved me many times at hotel breakfast bars (no veggies to be found, but when I'm traveling a banana and several hard boiled eggs will do).

Archived