April 9th Start

DeeZaftig

Wednesday is a strange day to start a new lifestyle plan, eh?  I just got back from New Orleans Monday.  I took Tuesday off work to shop and plan to be ready to start today.  I have 30 days until my birthday so this was a perfect time to start ... especially after enjoying some fabulous Cajun foods including pralines in New Orleans!  

Dee

:) Day 2 is complete and successful.  I ate out for lunch - cob salad with grilled chicken breast (hold the cheese) and freshly made salsa for dressing (no sugars).  THEN... I had a conference to attend after work where they had all sorts of chips, dips, sodas, cheese, cookies, etc.  Fortunately there was a fruit tray so I had 3 strawberries, 1 slice of Kiwi, and a handful of grapes.  Whew!  

:) Day 3 was another successful day.  I'm home alone for the weekend while my husband is on a business trip.  It is always easier when I only need to cook for me.  By the way... I know eggs are on the list for approved foods.  I assume that doesn't include Cadbury eggs, eh? They sure seem to be everywhere these days!  

:) Day 4 was another successful day.  We live in a small town and my husband went out of his way to find me a jar of Ghee this past Friday and I had some of it on a sweet potato.  Yum!  Okay, maybe not as yummy as whole butter but it served its' purpose.  He also slow grilled out weeks' worth of hamburger steaks and chicken thighs for me so I had wonderful foods to eat while he's out of town.   :wub: 

started on the tuesday April 8th- Today is Day #6 really loving it so far- I love to cook  so I am having fun putting new recipes today and checking out some online- pretty clean eater to begin with .. sleeping better, feeling like I have more energy, really pumped!! Know Easter will be a little tough.. but going to prepare for it.. :) Happy Sunday Everyone!

:)  Day 5 was another success but I felt light headed, dizzy, sweating, etc.  I checked my blood pressure and it was 95/61 - which is really low.  I'm on a low dose of blood pressure medication and apparently this healthier eating means I don't even need that.  I'm going to not take the medication today, monitor my blood pressure and see how it goes.  My cravings are diminishing and a sweet potato with Ghee, cinnamon and a few pecans is a huge treat!

We had friends over for dinner last night (had scheduled it before I decided to do Whole 30).  We made meat/veggie kabobs on the grill and had a fruit salad.  I also made a rice pilaf which I know isn't legal but I had a bit anyway.  I splurged with a tiny sliver of cheesecake for dessert.

Now it's a new day and I am back on the plan.  

We had friends over for dinner last night (had scheduled it before I decided to do Whole 30).  We made meat/veggie kabobs on the grill and had a fruit salad.  I also made a rice pilaf which I know isn't legal but I had a bit anyway.  I splurged with a tiny sliver of cheesecake for dessert.

Now it's a new day and I am back on the plan.  

Great to hear you're back on the wagon.

As you restart a 30 day cycle, consider how you will keep on track and not have rice or cheesecake (or the like) for the next 30 days. What will help you to stay compliant as you move forward?

:)  Day 6 - as long as dreams (NIGHTMARES) don't count I had a successful day 6.  However, if food eaten while dreaming counts then I put away a whole 5 pound bag of trail mix with those M&M type candies in it.  YIKES!  :o   Thank goodness for waking up from that one!

:) Day 8 - Starting on my second week and thankful that I prepared my food ahead of time.  I ended up not able to leave the office for lunch and by 4:00 I was really, really (steamed fish and broccoli) hungry.  I left work early, drank plenty of water on my way home.  Once I got home I opened my refrigerator to a well prepared and stocked W30 food supply.  YAY!

:) Day 9 - Off site training for the whole day.  I packed my lunch box with frozen ice blocks to keep my food fresh.  Everyone in the class was heading out to find somewhere to eat but I knew ahead of time that I wouldn't know where folks would want to go so I opted to go prepared for myself - and it worked.  No deviations from the plan and my clothes are feeling less snug.  

:) Day 11 - We are packing up to head to Eastern Kentucky in the Appalachian Mountains for a week of Hillbilly Days. It is a 10 hour drive and we'll meet up with our grandkids there for this festival they love so much.  We have a weekend cottage there.  We'll be traveling Easter day so that means restaurants will be closed.  I'm packing food for the road and to have at the little cottage.  This will be my first time to attend Hillbilly Days and have to avoid deep fried Oreo cookies, funnel cakes, fresh squeezed lemonade loaded with sugar, and all the other fair food smells that beckon the attendees.  That, along with grandkids who are 5 and 3 years old who will want to dine out at places serving burgers and pizza!  It will be my ultimate challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

I started on April 9 too. I had a wednesday start because I was doing it with a friend and her husband was going out of town for 2 weeks that day so she wanted us to wait. She fell off the wagon at Easter and never got back on but I'm still going strong on day 20.

I'm still going strong on day 20.

Yay for you!  So glad to have someone else who started at the same time I did AND is hanging in there!!!  May 9th is my birthday which is why I started 30 days before that.  We're two-thirds of the way there.  Good luck for those last 10 days!

Archived