Sue's 1st Whole30

subal428

Day 1: Cleaned out fridge and instead of throwing away husband's vanilla coconut creamer and vanilla coconut milk (thought it was okay til I read the label, thanks Whole30!), moved it to the NonWhole30 shelf. Purged cupboards of all old pasta, rice, & other grains. We have been mostly paleo since January, so a cupboard cleaning was overdue. Printed out Melicious' shopping list for next trip to store. Planned out next week's meals & made grocery list.

B: 2 HB eggs, 1/2 sweet potato, arugula, 1/2 avocado

snack: apple

L: seared salmon in coconut oil, steamed beets in sherry vinegar and olive oil

D: grassfed burger mixed with a little coconut aminos, red boat fish sauce, pepper; arugula, 1/2 avocado (I can't get enough grass fed burgers)

No sugar free vanilla junk in my Americano, just some nice grass fed butter. I missed the sweetness! Also no sugar free gum chewing all day long.

bad breath and eyes burning when I woke up next a.m.

Day 2:

B: 2 HB eggs, 1/2 sweet potato, coffee with grassfed butter

L: grass fed burger, massive heap of arugula, 1/2 avocado

snack: handfull macadamia nuts

D: another grass fed burger, parsley sauce with lemon juice & olive oil & garlic; carmelized onions in coco oil; 1/2 avocado, mixed greens. Beyond delicious

Hi Sue -

Your meals look really good. You are including protein, fat and veggies in each meal. Nice job. Snacks are just mini meals...protein, fat and veggies. Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but grassfed butter is NOT W30 approved.

Their verbiage around butter is as follows:

• Clarified Butter or Ghee. Clarified butter or ghee is the only source of dairy allowed during your Whole30. Plain old butter is NOT allowed, as the milk proteins found in non-clarified butter could impact the results of your program. Refer to our Butter Manifesto (whole9 website) for more details on the milk proteins found in butter, purchasing high quality butter, and how to clarify it yourself.

Have you tried coconut milk in a can? It is really good.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sue! Good luck on your Whole30. How long do you steam your beets for? Do you chop them up first? I am just getting into beets, but I want to LOVE them...I roasted them in coconut oil, but I haven't gotten them soft enough for my liking. I always have to nuke them in more coconut oil.

Archived