any good w30-approved Mahi Mahi recipes out there?

I cut the Mahi filets into 1" cubes and sprinkle them with chile powder then saute them in coconut oil or ghee over medium-high heat, turning once or twice. I then serve them over and avocado and shredded cabbage slaw with some chopped cilantro and jalapenos...kinda like fish tacos without the corn tortilla.

Sounds tasty Andrea! Just had some Ono tonight from the local fish market with heaps of veggies and avo off our tree.

Michelle - which island did you get married on? (the profile pic's a giveaway ;) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I had some mahi in the freezer and had no idea what to do with it.  I defrosted it, and dipped in egg, then in a mixture of coconut flour & shredded coconut (no sugar added coconut), then sautéed lightly.  It was so good!  I'm going to do the exact same with shrimp.  The key was patting the mahi filets very dry, then sprinkling both sides with salt & pepper, and sautéing at a medium heat so it got crispy golden outside but tender inside.  I cooked a little too long, and they came out a bit tough, so next time, I'll reduce the time.

Archived