My input and output are not matching up....

Hi,

I am on day 28 and I have to agree with everything people say. I am sleeping like a baby, have not had 1 single blood sugar crash in 28 days, and feel pretty good. My arthritis is so mild now that  I accidentally almost discontinued some RX medication without tapering that I was taking because my pain has been so minimal. That is the good news.

My concern is that I am following the template very consistently and taking in 3 meals a day with plenty of vegetables. I have been very careful and very compliant. However, I am not pooping much and there is a big discrepancy between how much I have eaten and how much I have pooped. I'm a little worried about it at this point, though I am having no discomfort or negative symptoms of constipation. I know a healthy bowel compacts down approximately a quart to a cup but surely there should be more....?

Thoughts? Ideas? Any natural laxatives or stool softeners to try?

thank you

• Moderators

If you are not feeling discomfort or negative symptoms, you probably don't have anything to worry about. One supplement that I take nightly that many people learn about while doing a Whole30 is the magnesium supplement Natural Calm. I take it for its sedative effect taken at bed time, but another effect is has when taken by newbies or in higher doses is diarrhea. If you are concerned about pooping enough, you could take a big heaping teaspoon of Natural Calm dissolved in water at night and it is likely to clean you out. 

Archived