Starting the challenge on Monday 28th April....

Nicola-la

The first time I did it - I even thought I was prepared but really wasn't - whatever you do will be more than you have been doing and each time you repeat it you will do more.  As you learn about what you are doing - you will get ideas for things that help.  This forum is a great help - so are the e-mails or the book (It starts with food).  Love whole30!! 

You will soon - probably after a 2 or 3 weeks lol!! 

I gave up sugar (and fruit) recently and wheat. This is my next step. I stopped eating all the other grains a few days ago, and legumes. It's just dairy and potatoes to go. I am not loving breakfast any more! I am hungry all the time. I just can't stomach it in the morning. Not even an omelette. I miss my porridge!

I had to give up dairy and sugar and grain right off the bat.  I eventually learned although I couldn't handle the potatoes that sweet potatoes and yams and squash (ie: butternut) I could bake in oven in a large baking pan and eat as leftovers.  Then I would take the coconut oil and sauté onions and spinach in it and add scrambled eggs.  If fruit is in season I would add fresh peaches or raspberries &/or blueberries - I had to learn how to think outside of the box.  I use many herbs (even fresh) in my dishes now - and I think things like basil and oregano might count as veggies??  but they are good for you - I use turmeric, basil, spinach and thyme interchangeably.  When I make meat I bake up more than we can eat and sometimes add mushrooms or carrots or rutabaga to the pan  so I can have left over veggies also.  I just learned how to cook so I didn't feel like I was cooking all the time -

I have bought kale (of different kinds) or lettuces as romaine or butter crunch etc - to make a salad then add different things to it as sliced almonds - boiled eggs - meats - veggies - what ever fits.  that also helps even left over sweet potato or yam with eggs in morning takes up that I'm missing something - feeling that after a while can hit.  sorry - I just try to keep myself entertained with being more creative than I use to be - I love the recipes (the master mixes in the "it starts with food" book - which I keep as a cook book.  There are many alternatives and you won't feel like you are starving (maybe the first week might be hard or even 2 - because you are breaking habits or additions to things that maybe aren't good for you?? 

Anyway this is what helped me be successful - I have lost 20 lbs since June of last year.  I have 40 to go - I have just been keeping to it, but not so rigid as the elimination part - going back on soon to try to get rid of some more weight and medicine.  Blessings!!

I use many herbs (even fresh) in my dishes now - and I think things like basil and oregano might count as veggies??  

You have some terrific tips! Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

Herbs are wonderful for adding flavor, however they do not count as veggies on a Whole30.  :)

Update - I registered to start yesterday - but I actually have been compliant since Friday so the detox advice etc is all out of sync in my daily emails. I have asked to change my day zero date.

So I am actually on day 5 already. I love this program but I feel awwwwwwful. I feel like I have a cold. Sinus pain and headache (headache a daily feature for weeks since I gave up sugar, wheat, and now the rest). I could sleep standing up. I have a slight sore throat and raging thirst. Am I ill too or just detoxing I wonder.

My children are also doing this - they have no choice! But I am giving them limited potatoes - they don't have 42 years of reprogramming to do and I rarely gave them crisps/chips anyway.

I am telling everyone about the program. I do hope I feel better at the end of it or I will look like a fool!

Am starting a new topic with the correct start date so hopefully others will join the conversation who are at the same stage as me

YES! I replied to one of the emails and asked them to do it (and asked them to send copies of the missing mails) but I have since found that if you go to your account preferences, you can change your start date there. 

What day are you on?

Archived