Starting May 10!

Kypratt

Hi everyone... I'm Kylie and I'm going to start the Whole30 on May 10th. Anyone else starting this day?  I'm going to do the vegetarian plan but will try to include some fish and chicken as well.  I'm excited!

• Moderators

Welcome.

The vegetarian plan is only an option if you are a vegetarian. Since you will eat fish and chicken, you need to do the standard Whole30. The vegetarian plan involves compromises that reduce the effectiveness of the program. It is an improvement for the average vegetarian, but not the full benefit that is available to you.

The problem with blending the vegetarian protocol and the standard protocol is that the vegetarian protocol includes a range of foods that the standard protocol excludes. They are allowed to vegetarians because they are the only way for them to get adequate protein. As someone who eats fish and chicken, you can get adequate protein without eating yogurt, tofu, kefir, and legumes, etc. We know these foods cause problems for many people, so it is important that you eliminate them for 30 days to learn what effect they have on you. 

We're pretty serious about following the program as written. Many people expect to customize the Whole30 to meet their unique interests and preferences. There is some room for customization. For example, you can eat any variety of vegetables and animal proteins you like and cook your food a broad variety of ways, but there are some foods that are off-plan for everybody. 

Archived