Birth control question

daiquiry

I am currently waiting to switch over to copper IUD from tri-cyclen lo. I'm waiting for some test results and appointment with gyno, which can take up to 3 weeks.

I am on my day 8 of Whole30 and had diarrhea for at least 2 or 3 days. I also started my pill cycle on the first of those 3 days. I guess my question is if there is any point for me to keep taking the pill at all this month? My understanding is that if you miss 3 days even due to diarrhea, you have to start over and use backup anyway.

Also, what are the thoughts on going with copper IUD (non-hormonal) vs the pill with regards to hormonal impact? Were there any discussions like this here? Personal stories?

I was suggested the IUD (but the one with the progesterone in it) as I didn't get on well with the pill (every one I tried turned me murderous, my poor boyfriends :lol: )

doctors told me in terms of hormones it was a much smaller amount and more 'localised', and as it sits in the uterus, the hormones don't get into your bloodstream as such like the pill does, so less impact in terms of hormones.

Heard good things about the copper one too, apart from it does tend to cause heavier periods.

Currently a single pringle so I have given my body a complete break from BC. Feels good to not be taking the synthethic hormones, BUT I think that is just my body being a very sensitive soul!!

I'm on my second round of the Mirena IUD, which has progesterone in it. Other than getting really bad acne, that a Whole30 plus a few more weeks doing AIP, did not get it cleared up, I really liked it. I didn't experience any weight gain or mood swings because of it. My 5 years is up and I'm getting the IUD removed tomorrow. I thought about switching to the Cooper IUD (good for 10 years) but I heard that one also gives you bad acne, plus heavy periods. Since I'm currently single, I plan on staying off BC for a while to see if that will clear up my acne issues. If I do decide to get back on BC, I will probably go back to the Mirena since I almost never have a period because of it. I'd rather have no period with acne than heavy periods with acne.

If you do decide to get the Cooper IUD, let us know how it goes! I'd love to hear how it works on someone who is paleo.

I have been considering either Mirena or copper IUD for a while now. I almost went with Mirena about a year ago after Alsesse stopped controlling my periods and gave me crazy acne by the end. I decided to go with tri cyclen lo hoping to get my skin cleared up. I think it is worse than on Alesse, so I am just thinking to go hormone-free and see if it makes a difference. My mom used to have a copper IUD some years ago and reported no acne with it. This is actually the first time I've head about copper IUDs giving acne. I'll just have to try it an see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am currently waiting to switch over to copper IUD from tri-cyclen lo. I'm waiting for some test results and appointment with gyno, which can take up to 3 weeks.

I am on my day 8 of Whole30 and had diarrhea for at least 2 or 3 days. I also started my pill cycle on the first of those 3 days. I guess my question is if there is any point for me to keep taking the pill at all this month? My understanding is that if you miss 3 days even due to diarrhea, you have to start over and use backup anyway.

Also, what are the thoughts on going with copper IUD (non-hormonal) vs the pill with regards to hormonal impact? Were there any discussions like this here? Personal stories?

daiquiry,

Have you seen this?

http://whole9life.com/2012/05/nonhormonal-birthcontrol/

Archived