Logging to keep myself on track

Haren.13

I did the full whole30, but felt like I needed to tweak it a bit to get better results. While my family (hubby, 6yo and 4yo girls, 2yo boy) started reintro, I've stayed on track. Today was day 38, not sure how long I'll go. I'm to a point where I can go 4-5 hours between meals, but I'm having trouble not eating a snack in the afternoon out of habit. I'm also making a lot of snacks for the kids and tend to munch on whatever I'm making for them. I relied too heavily on nuts in the first 30 days, and ate too much fruit/dried fruit.

My plan:

1-2 carby veggies a day (leaning more toward 1)

1 serving of fruit a day

Cut out afternoon snack

Nuts only as emergency snack, and only a couple times a week at most. This includes nut butter

Don't snack while preparing meals - half the time I get dinner made and I'm barely hungry cause I've snacked on all the ingredients!

What I hope to accomplish:

Fix or lessen chronic intestinal issues

Lose pounds/inches (no specific number in mind, but my pants fitting better would be nice :-))

Tame the sugar dragon - weakened but still alive

All that said, here are today's meals:

M1: 1 cup butternut squash soup, palm size serving of sausage, closed handful almonds, pear

Snack:

Handful walnuts

M2: large spinach salad with grilled chicken, fried egg, tomatoes, 1/4 avocado, creamy Italian dressing from well fed; sweet potato

Snack:

Half of a red delicious apple

2 avocado deviled eggs

Jerky

M3:

Zoodles and coodles with grilled chicken and pesto

Pear

~1/4 red pepper

Oh one more thing - as a recovered/recovering bulimic and compulsive overeater, every food can become a food without breaks for me. I love not calorie counting, but have to be careful to eat normal portion sizes and not binge.

Day 39

M1 @ 8am: 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, sauteed zucchini and carrot

M2 @ 12pm: large spinach salad with grilled chicken, fried egg, olives, tomatoes, well fed creamy italian dressing; baked sweet potato; 5 strawberries

emergency snack @ 6pm (ended up needing to go to minute clinic; plan had been to come home to dinner): Lara bar, 5 walnuts

M3 @ 7:30pm: crock pot pulled pork, roasted mixed (normandy) veggies, toasted cashews, pear

The kitchen is closed for the night.  I made bacon after dinner for DH to have for breakfast, and it's not whole30 compliant, so I ate a pear instead.

I'm on augmentin now so that should make for an interesting few days...

Day 40

M1 @ 9am: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 1/2 cup cauliflower rice with zucchini and julienne carrot sautéed in olive oil

Pre-WO @10:30am: half serving grilled chicken with guacamole

Post-WO @12:30pm: beef jerky, baby carrots

M2 @1pm: spinach salad with grilled chicken, HB egg, olive oil and balsamic vinegar; broccoli soup (broccoli, carrots, chicken broth, nutritional yeast, coconut milk); pineapple; 1/2 handful toasted cashews

Snack (ugh!) @5pm: handful walnuts

M3 @6:30p: spinach salad with toasted walnuts, avocado, olives, carrot, olive oil and balsamic vinegar; spaghetti squash with marinara and meatballs (ground beef, sausage, egg, almond meal)

Day 41

Post-WO (I do long runs on Saturdays and run fasted) @7:45am: jerky

M1 @9am: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, shredded carrot and cauliflower rice sautéed in olive oil

Snack @11:30am: apple at the farmer's market

M2 @1pm: spinach salad with chicken, HB egg, olives, dressing made from olive oil, vinegar, guac; small sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon; pulled pork

Snack @7pm: about 1/2 handful shredded coconut

M3 @8:45pm: brat with mustard, sautéed zucchini and onions, baby carrots with coconut butter, honey rock melon

Day 42

M1 @9:30am: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, zucchini sautéed in olive oil, baby carrots with coconut butter

Snack @12pm: raisins and walnuts

M2 @4pm: large spinach salad with eggs fried in coconut oil, tomatoes, cucumber, dressing made from olive oil, balsamic vinegar, guac; pear with coconut butter; a few strawberries

Snack @7pm: a bit of spaghetti squash and walnut/almond mix (from kids' dinner)

M3 @9pm: grilled chicken with Well Fed sweet mustard, well fed broccoli salad, green beans

Goal for tomorrow: NO snacking! Dangit

Day 43

M1 @8:30am: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, sautéed zucchini and carrot, handful of coconut flakes

M2 @1pm: large salad of baby greens, grilled chicken, fried egg, tomatoes, cucumber, creamy Italian dressing from well fed; sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon, half handful of coconut flakes

Post-WO @6:45pm: half a large chicken breast

M3 @7pm: chocolate chili (from well fed), mashed cauliflower (from well fed), avocado, watermelon

Again today I wasn't hungry at dinner, ate anyway, now I'm uncomfortably full ugh :/ I gotta figure this out

Day 44

M1 @8:30am: 1 cup butternut squash soup with sausage, coconut flakes

Post-WO @11am: half chicken breast dipped in butternut squash soup

M2 @1pm: salad of baby greens, chicken, olives, tomatoes, creamy Italian dressing, fried egg; sweet potato with ghee; pear

M3 @7:30pm: salad of romaine, chicken, avocado, carrots, creamy Italian; watermelon; 2 cups mixed veggies; closed handful almonds

Wasn't necessarily hungry but wanted to eat all day long. Seriously battled myself on this one. Mad that I gave in on the almonds after dinner :/

Day 45

M1 @8:30: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, sauteed squash and zucchini

Post-WO @12p: 1/2 chicken breast with 1/2 cup butternut squash soup

M2@ 1p: salad of romaine, chicken breast, fried egg, cucumber, creamy italian dressing; baked sweet potato; carrots dipped in coconut butter

M3 @8pm: pork chop, green beans with garlic (both recipes from Well Fed 2), pear with coconut butter

I think the butternut squash soup for breakfast (yesterday, and many days in the past couple weeks) is too sweet, triggering me to eat more through the day.  Eggs seem to be a better choice for me, and the squash soup is good for post-wo recovery (with protein).

I can relate to your food history background. It's a bit more challenging for us but the good news is we want this for ourselves. I also walk a fine line on some days with the urge to just go crazy. The crave. the itch. but I really work hard to breathe my way thru it. After all we are undoing a "coping" mechanism.

I'm on day 2 though the past 8-9 I was doing trial runs. Best wishes to you. You seem to be doing this challenge (extended) for all the right reasons.

Day 46

M1 @9:30am: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, zucchini and yellow squash sauteed in olive oil.  Same old, same old :)  (am hungry now at 10:30am, going to try to push through until post-wo...)

Post-WO @12pm: (not ideal, I know) baby carrots with coconut butter

M2 @1pm: salad of baby greens, chicken, fried egg, tomatoes, oil/vinegar/guac dressing; baked sweet potato; banana

Snack @4pm: handful of almonds

M3 @7:30pm: large salad with mixed greens, chicken, avocado, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, dressing from EVOO and blush wine vinegar (yum!)

Archived