Starting May 28th, Who's with me?

jdthomps4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jdthomps4 Sorry you have to start over!

Londoncalling, I am still here, but I'm also following the 27th thread since it's a lot more active.  I did pretty well at yesterday's parties not eating bad food.  Although my mom spilled most of my fruit on the dirty floor so I didn't get much to eat.  =(

Feel I've turned a corner today - woke up with same headache I went to bed with but after going to my yoga class it disappeared. Am not feeling hungry either. In fact, felt full after only having one of the two chicken thighs I'd cooked for dinner (will have the other for breakfast if I can face it - before Whole30 I would just have a green smoothie for breakfast).

The first Whole30 I did, I had a headache for a long time... I think the whole first week.  That was rough.  I finally broke down and took some Tylenol.  

Cheers,

Jessica

Hey girls - sorry I forgot to click to follow this topic!! I am here as well. I have been trying to keep a log daily of what i eat on another forum, but I just clicked to follow here as well. 

jdthomps4 - Start right back up as soon as you can, we will still be here :) Actually i have about 35 lbs i want to lose and due to some injuries and blood sugar issues, I know i have to take it a little slower so i may do another whole 30 or a whole 60 pretty shortly after this. 

I'm feeling pretty good, I did have a bad day (nausea and headache really bad all day) around day 2 or 3 so im glad im not the only one. 

I was worried i wouldn't be able to pull through that, so i drank a ton of water but the next morning i woke up fine. 

I generally like to eat healthy whole foods, but with a corporate job and long commute it just takes a backseat. I am using this as a way to keep myself accountable and put more priority on making foods ahead of time so i dont have to cheat. Having to tell people what you are eating is a good motivator to not eat junk! :) 

This morning I made my own sausage because ALL the sausage and bacon in our area has dextrose in it.  I loved it though!  It turned out great and I even have some left for tomorrow morning.  Does anyone know of another store you can buy bacon without sugar in it other than whole foods?  Our closest one is 1hr30min away.

Day 6 and feeling good. For breakfast had a leftover chicken burger (recipe from Planks, Love and Guacamole blog) with lettuce, tomatoes and homemade ranch dressing.  Lunch will be salad nicoise and dinner, fish with roasted veggies.

Have done a similiar diet to this before (Zoe Harcombe Diet) and have found that it takes just a few days to feel less bloated - and not just my stomach but around my whole body eg. neck, decolletage, shoulders etc.  I suppose my body was holding on to water before - because of the sugar? I'm not sure why...but I like it!

Wishing everyone a good day. x

Having my first kill all the things moment. Really fancied a glass of wine tonight and felt myself getting quite annoyed that I couldn't. Oh well, hope it doesn't last long. I have my book club night tomorrow and will have plenty of wine and crisps to ignore... Am planning to take a bottle of fizzy water, some olives and, maybe, some sweet potato hummus.

Piperk, I hope your fridge gets fixed soon.

x

Thanks Londoncalling.  I have a guy coming to look at the fridge in the morning.  Sorry about the wine tonight.  I would definitely bring your own food to the book club! 

Every year my husband goes on a backpacking trip with people in our family... a lot of his cousins etc. and usually they don't have any girls, but they did last year.  Anyway, I've decided to go this year but it will be during the whole30.  I have a lot to learn about dehydrating to get ready!

Thanks Mels4683. I've signed up for the Daily. Have asked them to send me day appropriate email (just coming to the end of day 5) as when you sign up it assumes you are on day 0 and you can't backdate it.

Feel I've turned a corner today - woke up with same headache I went to bed with but after going to my yoga class it disappeared. Am not feeling hungry either. In fact, felt full after only having one of the two chicken thighs I'd cooked for dinner (will have the other for breakfast if I can face it - before Whole30 I would just have a green smoothie for breakfast).

Is anyone else in this thread still as it seems to have gone cold or is there somewhere else I should be posting?

Best wishes.

I am here, too! Haven't been on in a few days. It sounds like your body is adjusting to things- from my experience it's a good sign when you don't feel hungry as often- I think it's because your body is doing a better job of regulating your energy. There's a whole chemical process that goes on described in the book Grain Brain- I highly recommend checking this out. Author is Dr. David Perlmutter.

This morning I made my own sausage because ALL the sausage and bacon in our area has dextrose in it.  I loved it though!  It turned out great and I even have some left for tomorrow morning.  Does anyone know of another store you can buy bacon without sugar in it other than whole foods?  Our closest one is 1hr30min away.

Do you have a local butcher? I do have a Whole Foods by me, but ended up buying basic ground pork because I found that even most of their pork sausage had sugar. I have yet to make it, but this is the recipe I am using- http://stupideasypaleo.com/2012/12/11/apple-pork-sausage/

I am here, too! Haven't been on in a few days. It sounds like your body is adjusting to things- from my experience it's a good sign when you don't feel hungry as often- I think it's because your body is doing a better job of regulating your energy. There's a whole chemical process that goes on described in the book Grain Brain- I highly recommend checking this out. Author is Dr. David Perlmutter.

Sounds interesting, I'll check that book out. Day 9 - feeling tired all day today. I hear the next two days may be a struggle but on the plus side, I'm REALLY looking forward to Monday!

I totally felt like like that- like I was on cold medicine or something- last weekend and into the beginning of this week- it broke though around Tuesday and I totally felt back to normal. Last week was very rough for me fatigue/craving-wise but I think I'm through the woods now!

Day 10!! hope everyone is doing well :) I haven't fallen off the wagon yet, however i find it hard to make the time to prepare meals for ahead of time or for the next day. This has always been my problem as we never have a truly set schedule after work and tend to always be running around helping out friends or going to games and stuff. I am really trying to stick to this though as I already feel sooo much better in general! 

I had some mad caffeine cravings yesterday as I have cut out coffee as well. I never drank soda/juice or anything like that to begin with so it's really just the coffee (skinny lattes) that i miss. But I also think i may be slightly allergic to coffee so I want to see if after 30 days with none, if i reintroduce coffee if i see a change. I have very sensitive skin so it usually shows up as hives first. Planning to try to hard boil some eggs this weekend and make either a crockpot or quiche meal for grab and go ideas next week. 

Day 10!! hope everyone is doing well :) I haven't fallen off the wagon yet, however i find it hard to make the time to prepare meals for ahead of time or for the next day. This has always been my problem as we never have a truly set schedule after work and tend to always be running around helping out friends or going to games and stuff. I am really trying to stick to this though as I already feel sooo much better in general! 

I had some mad caffeine cravings yesterday as I have cut out coffee as well. I never drank soda/juice or anything like that to begin with so it's really just the coffee (skinny lattes) that i miss. But I also think i may be slightly allergic to coffee so I want to see if after 30 days with none, if i reintroduce coffee if i see a change. I have very sensitive skin so it usually shows up as hives first. Planning to try to hard boil some eggs this weekend and make either a crockpot or quiche meal for grab and go ideas next week. 

I hear ya- I am trying to get more disciplined with the one day "weekly cookup" so I don't get stuck preparing meals during the week- I can't sing Melissa Joulwan's praises enough for her Well Fed cookbook!!!

I am really tempted to get that and Practical Paleo as the library never has them in stock :) However I have a ton of cookbooks that i dont use already and we are moving in 2 weeks so I don't want to buy anything else right now. I have heard good things about Well Fed - I'll have to find some of her recipes on line over the weekend to try! 

I am really tempted to get that and Practical Paleo as the library never has them in stock :) However I have a ton of cookbooks that i dont use already and we are moving in 2 weeks so I don't want to buy anything else right now. I have heard good things about Well Fed - I'll have to find some of her recipes on line over the weekend to try! 

She just has the most practical cooking advice/ideas- it's great for someone who doesn't want to feel like a slave to the kitchen (like me).

If anyone wants a super easy breakfast or dinner idea with Kale - I made the Kale and Sausage Bake that is whole30 last night and had it for my breakfast and is a great "superfood" that is easy to make ahead! I used Trader Joe's organic Tuscan Kale, coconut oil and a spicy chicken sausage that i was surprised was actually compliant :) just all natural chicken and lots of spices. Easy Peasy! 

Hope everyone is doing great!! Week 2 down and feeling good :)

I know I shouldn't, but I'm keeping the possibility of not finishing the whole30 open due to my backpacking trip on the 19th.  The idea of dehydrating all of the food to take on top of everything else I have going on is really stressing me out.  For now I have decided to focus on the other things that need done and maybe when I get them out of the way I will be able to dehydrate.  If not I will take 3 days off and start over on the 22nd which I don't really want to do, but I was getting grumpy and stressed about everything I have going on right now.

I know I shouldn't, but I'm keeping the possibility of not finishing the whole30 open due to my backpacking trip on the 19th.  The idea of dehydrating all of the food to take on top of everything else I have going on is really stressing me out.  For now I have decided to focus on the other things that need done and maybe when I get them out of the way I will be able to dehydrate.  If not I will take 3 days off and start over on the 22nd which I don't really want to do, but I was getting grumpy and stressed about everything I have going on right now.

Sounds like you are making a wise choice- we got your back either way! My sister was going to start the whole30 but knew she had a 4 day music festival coming up and chose to start afterwards.

Archived