Libberation's June Whole30: TOTAL FREEDOM

Libberation

*** DAY 13 ***

Breakfast:

sunny egg w greens, roasted brussel sprouts, pulled pork

Lunch:

vegetable quiche, roasted kale w spring onions, 1/2 avocado

Dinner:

chicken salad w sweet potato, celery, homemade mayo, herbs; Sea Snacks seaweed, kombucha

*** DAY 15 ***

I am so proud of myself for doing this and sticking to the program for 2 full weeks. I kind of didn't think I would. But its pretty addicting this clean eating and good sleep and recovery from exercise. I might have to take this program out into the rest of my life even after the 30 days. Which I NEVER thought I would say. 

Breakfast:

roasted kale, slice of vegetable quiche, 1/2 avocado.

Lunch:

homemade chicken salad: chicken breast, sweet potato, celery, tomatoes, herbs, homemade mayo

roasted asparagus

Dinner:

arugula salad w tomatoes and mushrooms, steak, carrot, olives

Snack:

chicken salad, prosciutto, orange

*** DAY 17 ***

I think I might have missed a day in my food log. But here's where I am now. 

Breakfast:

roasted asparagus and tomatoes, 2 sunny eggs, orange

Lunch:
pork with roasted onions, red cabbage slaw w carrot ginger dressing (nom nom paleo)

Dinner:

steak, steamed broccoli, 1/2 avocado

I'm getting tired. I'm getting tired of cooking and cleaning the kitchen after all this cooking and tired of planning and bringing food everywhere. I'm getting better at it, and its taking up less time, but for today, its getting me down a little bit. I wish I could just eat a sandwich!!!

Also last night I ate some macadamia nuts with dinner and I over-ate them. I don't want to admit it, but when it comes to eating nuts, I just don't seem to have any brakes. So I'm committing to going nut free for the remaining 11 days of my Whole30.

*** DAY 18 ***

Breakfast:

2 sunny eggs, sauteed zucchini, fire roasted tomatoes, olives

Lunch:

homemade lean beef meatballs, tomato sauce, zucchini, carrot, red cabbage slaw (nom nom paleo)

Dinner:

arugula salad w tomatoes and mushrooms, more beef meatballs, olives

Snack:

tuna salad w sweet potato, celery, homemade mayo, orange

Hang in there!  You are two thirds of the way there!

When you do start eating nuts again, try putting them in snack size baggies - one portion per baggy.  Then you can pull out one portion at a time.  (I keep my baggies and reuse them on the next can of nuts to minimize waste).  Made it easier for the kids this way too!

I've been so lax about logging my food the past few days but here I am! I'm still on track and learning a lot and feeling pretty good.  My main goal for the remaining days is to kick my "dessert" habit. I have learned that I can't really eat coconut butter or nuts so I'm cutting them out for the rest of my Whole30 (unless they are part of a recipe - but no eating from the box/bag/jar!).

*** DAY 20 ***

1. 1/2 orange, 1/2 apple, cabbage salad, homemade meatballs

2. roasted kale, 2 eggs, pesto

3. roasted kale, meatballs, dried bananas w coconut butter (This was totally a dessert moment. While the food was technically program approved, it was at this point I realized that I use coconut butter, nuts, fresh fruit and dried fruit to allow myself "dessert" which is a habit I really want to kick. This has become the focus of the last week of my Whole 30.)

*** DAY 21 ***

1. 1/2 apple, 2 eggs, 1/2 roasted eggplant w olive oil

2. pulled pork, 1/2 roasted eggplant

3. pulled pork, 1 deviled egg, lettuce wrap w salmon sashimi (not enough veg in this meal I realize. I was tired and burned out on cooking from the day and I didn't make sure to get enough veg at this meal. I did not consider it reason to restart the 30 days but still took it as an opportunity to learn smthg: always have veg on hand!)

*** DAY 22 ***

1. 3 eggs, roasted kale, 1/2 avocado

2. carrots, homemade chicken salad: chicken breast, celery, scallions, sweet potato, homemade mayo

3. steak, arugula salad w tomatoes and mushrooms, olives, 1/2 avocado

4. orange, carrots, prosciutto

*** DAY 23 ***

1. 1 orange, 3 eggs, roasted asparagus, pesto

2. cabbage salad, pulled pork

3. chicken salad (see above for deets), carrots

4. more chicken salad, orange

Excited to see how the last week goes!

*** DAY 25 ***

major cravings last night, mostly for nuts, but also for fruit. But I did the steamed-fish-and-broccoli-hunger-test and found I was just really tired and wanted to  satisfy that sugar dragon. It was REALLY hard not to eat just a few nuts - but I didn't do it because I knew that it would turn into a binge. If I get nothing else from this Whole30 experience, it has been hugely helpful in identifying cravings and triggers and giving me tools to helo stop them from happening in the first place. 

1. 3 poached eggs, roasted asparagus (w olive oil), 1 oz prosciutto, apple

2. chicken salad in lettuce wraps

3. arugula salad w tomato and mushrooms, steak, 1/2 avocado, olives

4. carrots, orange, prosciutto

*** DAY 26 ***

I have a lot of socializing to do today and I am also very tired from working a late shift at the bar last night, both of which are big triggers for me. I really wish I could just chow down on a couple bananas with almond butter and call it a night. But now I know that not only would that not nourish me fully, but it would also cause me to overeat either tonight or tomorrow or the next day. I'm grateful to have learned this kind of stuff during my Whole30.

1. sweet potato/zucchini hash (cooked in ghee) with prosciutto, 1 egg

2. turkey sausage, tomatoes, onions, roasted eggplant (olive oil)

3. Turkey sausage, cabbage salad, cherries

It is DAY 29 for me!! But here is my food for the last two days:

*** DAY 27 ***

1. orange, 3 eggs, roasted eggplant, kale 

2. ground pork lettuce wraps w mushrooms and bok choi, snow peas, cherries

3. steak, mixed green salad, roasted brussel sprouts w garlic

*** DAY 28 ***

1. grapefruit, 3 eggs, kale, pesto

2. ground pork lettuce wraps w tomato, snap peas

3. avocado/cucumber/coconut soup, arctic char filet, cauliflower puree, 1/2 deviled egg

*** DAY 29 ***

1. kale, baked coconut crusted tilapia w tomatoes

2. ground pork lettuce wraps, snap peas, cherries

3. arugula salad w mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado, leftover Arctic char filet, olives

4. orange, prosciutto, carrots

Archived