Day 17 - Where's my tiger blood???

I have been following the Whole30 to the letter, and I must say I'm not getting the physical results I had hoped for.  :( I'm not as energetic as I thought I would be and that's a big one for me. I'm getting enough sleep, eating well and still I don't want to exercise and I could pass out sitting up in my chair.

I'm not coming down with anything (as far as I know), I'm most definitely not pregnant and I'm no more stressed out than the average shift-working, new puppy-owning, 39-year-old mother of three.

Here's what I ate so far today:

Meal 1 - 2 eggs, kale and 1/4 onion sauteed in ghee, 2 thin slices proscuitto, black tea (1 cup)

Meal 2 - "casserole" of sweet potato, grass fed ground beef, kale, onion, zucchini, carrots

32 oz water so far. Peppermint tea. 

On the plus side, I suspect I have lost a few pounds and I haven't experienced the heartburn or gut cramps I used to get 5 times a week or so. I am still struggling with the mental and emotional aspects of changing my eating habits and despite the fact that there were times when I thought I would sell my soul for a glass of Pinot Grigio and a wee slice of brie, I just...didn't. So there's that, anyway. 

Any ideas as to why I'm feeling this way? It's not every day, but it's a few days a week. Input welcome  :rolleyes:

• Moderators

You may be doing everything right! You're likely feeling this way because you're just a little more than two weeks in and your expectations are too high. You know what Tiger Blood may look and feel like to you, for now anyway? Like this: "I suspect I have lost a few pounds and I haven't experienced the heartburn or gut cramps I used to get 5 times a week or so."

Look for the tiny shifts and not some magical life changer and you'll be much happier.

I needed to read something that just arrived in my inbox, and maybe it will help you, too:

Give up on the results. Instead focus on the step in front of you.

Give up on the fantasy. Instead be curious about what it's really like when you try it.

Don't be motivated by achieving the ideal. Be motivated by compassion for yourself and helping others.

Don't be caught up in quick results. Savor the slow change.

Forget about the happiness of the outcome. Instead find happiness in the learning.

Don't worry about perfect execution. The entire point is to learn about yourself.

And you will learn about yourself. You will have slow change. You will help yourself and others through this change. You will find out what it's really like when you put in the effort. You will find happiness in each step, in the learning you experience along the way.

Change is worth the effort, and the results aren't what you fantasize about — they're much better, if you pay attention.

http://zenhabits.net/slowchange/

Archived