Almost done with the 1st week

GlenG

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn! Congratulations on finishing! You did a lot of great work here, but you are not done. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a proper reintro, which means taking one type of food at a time. If you have pizza tonight and react, you will not know if gluten or dairy are issues for you (at least not which one). It is really helpful to know this when it comes time to make choices in the future.

Reintro guidelines are to introduce one food for three meals in a day, take two days strict whole30, then try a different food.

I've read the book and the reintro stuff and decided not to do that and just go straight to Paleo. The only food I enjoy that doesn't have both dairy and grains is Chinese so I'm going to find out right away if I can eat my favorites or not. There have been multiple times in my life where I ate pizza every day, EVERY DAY, for months. Loved it. Now I'm looking at once a month, maybe. And if it doesn't sit well with me then I'm done with it, that's that and move on. I have no desire to eat pasta ever again, that's one thing this month has done for me.  I'm not a huge rice fan either, to me it's just a vehicle for whatever Chinese food I'm having. I bet the next time I eat Chinese food I don't even eat the rice! I certainly don't look at fast food the same way any more. Last night, we couldn't get a 'Greenwise' roast, they didn't have one, so we just got a regular roast and that's the first cut of beef we've purchased in a month that wasn't grass fed. I felt icky eating it. No adverse affects to my knowledge but our desire is to continue to buy organic/grass fed, no hormones/antibiotics whenever possible.

Archived