TrueLightTracey's Reintro Experience

Ok so we decided to eat sushi for dinner last night.  I know I know, but we did it anyway.  I was careful not to eat as much as I would have prior to Whole30.  The first thing I noticed was how AMAZING everything tasted.  I loved it before, but my taste buds are so much more alert and happy now.

No gastrointestinal issues :), however I did notice that I woke up twice in the night extremely thirsty.  We even used low sodium soy sauce.  And my eyes had puffy bags under them this morning when I woke up.  Interesting.  

Conclusion:  I will continue to eat sushi rarely though.  I will choose to eat it at lunch rather than dinner.  I will make sure I am well hydrated before and after, perhaps even drinking coconut water.

Feels good to be back in the security of Whole30 eating today.

PS - I also had a square of 72% coco dark chocolate yesterday.  It too was like an explosion of flavor on my tongue.  

Just to point out, if you had sushi and soy sauce and chocolate, you reintroduced all three (rice, soy and cocoa/sugar) at the same time, so it's not clear which caused your reaction.

You might want to retest each separately at some point, so you can pinpoint which caused your symptoms.

Archived