Reintroed Dairy...

nickirk

So On day 32 (2 days ago) I decided I wanted to begin my reintro with Dairy. I had a bit of milk in my tea in the morning and some ice cream that evening. I believed I didn't have any issues with dairy before the Whole 30, but man I think I was mistaken.

Day 33, my nose will not stop running and I am exhausted. Dash annoying, but not life changing...

Then, last night I did Zumba, I have been doing Zumba for about a year now and don't greatly struggle with the routines, but its a good cadrio work out. Last night I was dying, I felt weak, and out of breath, it felt like my first class ever and I was even dizzy after.

Anyone else have this kind of reaction to dairy? I figured if I had any reaction is would be stomach related, but it wasn't at all...

My advice would be to add another dairy reintroduction day that only includes dairy (no sugar) if you want to be certain what caused what. The only symptom you described that ISN'T caused by sugar for me is the sinuses though. 

I'm on Day 35 too, and adding things back in small ways...I had a Cobb salad yesterday, for example, and ate the blue cheese.  My gut felt a little crampy when I was in bed this morning, but I'm not sure.  I'm going to try some plain non-fat kefir and see what happens.  

35 days ago, kefir was the hardest thing to contemplate setting aside, but I did it and now I think I can live without it.  But even so, I'm going to try this no-sugar added, plain kefir, and see whether I tolerate it.  It's a super convenient way to start the day.  

I just re-read the Dairy Manifesto, though, and I have to acknowledge that my allergies in the morning are so much improved...this is the thing I need to really watch.

AF

Archived