Post Workout

aprince21

I am just starting Crossfit, so I am doing the Elements classes.  These classes are 3 nights a week from 7:30-8:30, so I don't usually get home until about 9pm.  I eat dinner about an hour or so before, so I am fine getting through class, but when I get home I am really hungry.  Does anyone have a suggestion on something simple and quick I get eat after? (also nothing large because i go to bed almost instantly after)

• Moderators

You need to eat at the end of class at the gym to get the maximum benefit of a post-workout meal. If you wait until you get home, you will be eating, but your muscles will not be sucking in the protein as aggressively as they would have if you had eaten with 30 minutes of the workout ending. 

I eat a can of tuna packed in water or sardines after a workout because that is easy to carry. The ideal food immediately after a workout is chicken breast because what you need is lean protein that will digest quickly to feed your hungry muscles. Adding some baked sweet potato is good too, but not always necessary.

Archived