Whole1 30 times, eventually!

LizzyF

Hi all. I'm new here. I cut my teeth on a Whole4 and then made some non-compliant choices yesterday. But today is a new day! Since I was sort of logging anyway, I figured I would start a thread here in the proper section, and hopefully benefit from reading other logs and getting feedback on mine.

My plan for today:

B: Egg/Egg White (still have some that I am busy using up)/mushroom, onions, peppers scramble cooked in coconut oil. 1/2 small avacado on the side.

L: Bison / veg soup, 1/2 avacado, berries & cantalope

S: HB Egg & tomato if I'm hungry

D: Baked lime mustard chicken, broccoli, small serving sweet potato w/ coc oil & cinnamon, grapes

OH!! And I keep forgetting the kimchee I bought the other day. I want to add a little of that in somewhere today!

I have a garden full of kale and swiss chard and I need to start figuring out what to do with it!

I have to work on not saying "effit" to my own plan for good health the minute something doesn't go my way in life. Just because someone p!sses me off doesn't mean I have to eat sugarcarbies over it! I look forward to getting more food compliant time under my belt which I suspect will make the mental game much easier. I love the section of the book that talks about the psychological impact of certain foods. That is powerful and truthful stuff.

I am about 1/2 way done with the book and continue reading more each day. Mean time, I wanted to get started so there may be some obvious things I am doing way wrong! Please don't hesitate to point those out to me.

• Moderators

I love the hard boiled egg and tomato as a snack.

It's great that you have kale and chard! I've been stewing the abundant tomatoes we have around here with onions and spices and using that as a base for meals. I add chard or kale to the tomato stew and wilt it down and add some roast beef or chicken to make a meal.

Thank you LauraB and Tom for the recipe ideas!

In the mean time, can I just say that:

I.HATE.SUGARCARBY.CRAVINGS!

I am so motivated to stick to my guns and tihs plan just so I can get this freakin' craziness behind me! I hope I never forget how these cravings are - all triggered by one bad night!

When I tried to re-set my Daily e-mails the other day, I got the Day 0 but did not get the Day 1 yesterday. I was sad! But I got the Day 1 again today - I really like looking for that e-mail FIRST to get me going on the right track in the morning. So like is good for todays Whole1 LOL!

I ordered "Well Fed" which arrived and I can't wait to look through it. Between that book and a couple of recipe sites recommended here, I'm going to amp up my food planning today with some new recipe ideas and some shopping! I also hope to place an order with US Wellness meats as soon as the SF bacon is back in stock - supposed to be sometime today.

The Plan:

B: Egg/Egg White (no I'm still not out of those yet!) / Veg scramble, 1/2 avacado, tomato. I need to get some bacon and sausage in the house!

L: Bison / veg soup, last of the pork shoulder, berries

S: HB Egg + tomato if hungry

D: Lime mustard chicken that I didn't make last night, veg, sweet potato, maybe some melon

I just have to take this one day at a time until my body is used to healthy food instead of addictive crap processed foods. Until then it will be hard but I can do hard, right?

Dang cravings are driving me nuts!!! This too shall pass. This too shall pass.

I was hungry with 2 hours to go until dinner, so did have my HB egg. Instead of tomato, I had a few olives. I heard those (or pickles) can take the edge off of sweet cravings and I think it worked.

I just keep telling myself over and over that if I just stick with this, the cravings will eventually pass. If I cave in again, I just have to suffer again. Ugh.

Sugarisadrug.

I just keep telling myself over and over that if I just stick with this, the cravings will eventually pass. If I cave in again, I just have to suffer again. Ugh.

If you eat well the cravings will subside. As soon as several days from now they will likely be more in your mind than in your body. You will feel worlds better. It will be okay.

Those emails are fun aren't they? ^_^

Hi Terra and Maeva! I am so glad we have each other. I don't think I could do this alone. Maeva thank you for the reassurance that this DOES GET BETTER! Yes the e-mails are fabulous!!

I was a slug again today with no structured exercise. I did quite a bit of general "moving" though - put almost 10,000 steps on my pedometer without trying. There are some dead Japanese Beatles around my rose bushes, and some dead weeds laying on my driveway. So something good happened here today!

(they say Japanese Beatles have no natural predators in the US. That was before they met ME! :ph34r: )

I just realized I have 45 posts already and am only on Day 2. (for the second time) Can you imagine? If When I get to 30 days I'm probably going to have 39573573057 posts. I bet the moderators are excited about that! (come on...you know you are .... :D )

Archived