devonne's Whole30 - #1

devonnejoy

I've made it to Day #11 - relatively easy for me at this point, and I'm happy on the Whole30.  I've been a yo-yoer most of my life, finding it difficult to stay at my goal weight, once it has been reached.  I'm there again -  10+ over goal weight, so thought it was time to get serious on my paleo - hence Whole30.

I'm 5'2" and usually lose quickly the first week on any plan (water weight, but usually a nice drop).  I know this is much more than entirely about weight loss, but a bit frustrated that I'm not noticing my clothes fitting differently at this point.  I'm going to be patient and persevere, as this 30 days is only the beginning for me, but maybe my menu needs to be checked? For once I've been able to remain hunger free until the next meal without even healthy snacks in-between, so that alone shows I'm making considerable progress. 

Breakfast:

3 egg skillet with mushrooms & red onion sauteed in coconut oil (1/2 tbsp. and 1 tsp. ghee) topped with guacamole.  Serving of blueberries topped with coconut milk (2 tbsp.+)

Lunch:

4-5 oz. dark chicken meat with romaine & spinach, red onions, cucumber, sliced olives, (2+ Tbsp. mayo), sugar snap peas.

Pre-dinner:  1 spoon of almond butter 

Dinner:

Turkey burger w/sauteed onions, topped with guacamole.  3 chicken wings.  Coleslaw (2+ Tbsp. mayo).

2 small slices of watermelon

How often do you swipe a spoonful of almond butter? Nuts and nut butters can cause bloating for a lot of people and if you are doing it frequently that could be adding to how you are feeling. Overall your meals look good and considering how small you are fitting the template nicely. Keep at it.

I do admit to taking a spoon most days after work - not 2 spoons, but one (it's so good!). I kinda knew this was the first thing to tweak!  I do love having the option to use a variety of fats with each meal, and although I've read "fat will not make you fat" this was my biggest concern.  I usually have 2-3 varieties within each meal - but don't feel that I've going crazy with portions.  

My next step after Whole30 may be to try the AIP, but for now want to see where this takes me.  I do take natural thyroid, and have a slight touch of psoraisis on occasion on my elbows and for some reason behind my right ear.  Eggs and red pepper (spicy-spices) and nuts, will be the hardest for me to eliminate.  

One day at a time - but, hoping my program will show me some weight loss results sooner than later.  

In the first 10 days I noticed that my clothes were fitting better, but since then I've been slightly bloated, and not as comfortable in certain articles of clothing. What if you had that initial drop and then everything got tight again? But I trust in the program and that there are changes happening internally (skin is clearer, less aches/pains, not as stressed, etc). Try to focus on those aspects and not the weight, as once everything is good hormonally you'll see changes.

Archived