Day 30

RKW

Today is Day 30 and I am ready to keep going.  After 2 weeks on the program I had lost all of the cravings for sugar and alcohol, but was extremely tired.  I did not need cookies, bread, pasta, and most of all I DID NOT NEED BEER OR WINE!   But, I never had energy until Day 29. Yesterday, out of the blue, I felt like taking a walk.  I put on my dusty walking shoes and headed out for a 2 mile walk on a neighborhood trail.  At times I felt like taking off running but used restraint knowing that I will turn 60 soon and have been sedentary for the last 4 years.  Instead, I just enjoyed a brisk pace and realized how wonderful it felt. When I returned home I pulled out the hedge trimmer and trimmed bushes for an hour, raked up the trimmings, and looked for more to do.  Wow, the day I had been looking for finally arrived and it felt good to be alive again.   

Congratulations!  I turn 57 in July.  Been at this for one week (with many previous attempts) and through that week I have been sick with a cold/flu/plague/something.  So my exercise hasn't exactly been wild but adherence to the foods has been almost simple.  I wouldn't advise this for anyone else.  My sleep, most importantly, has been terrific the last two nights.  Very much like the Whole30 timeline when all I want to do is snooze!

But underneath the whole sleeping thing I'm kind of simmering with a low level energy which makes me WANT to do stuff.

Day 31!  I am going to keep going for awhile before I reintroduce less healthy foods into my diet (how long, I do not know) because of the way I have been feeling.  Used the scales today and have lost 18 pounds, but I am still 30 pounds overweight.  I don't know if I can lose that much more, but I do know that it does not matter as long as I am getting healthier and feeling good. Thanks for all of the support and I have enjoyed reading the various posts throughout the Whole30.  It really does make a difference to have community input and see others progress during the program.   

• 2 weeks later...

Archived