About to end first Whole30

lawdiva8

I am on day 29 of my first Whole30. My Whole30 has been a great experience! I ate pretty healthy before, so the adjustment wasn't huge for me- I just had to read labels more and cook a lot more. The hardest part for me has been packing food whenever I travel. With the 4th of July coming up, I am spending the weekend at a cabin with my family. I know I will make better choices, however I am really nervous about the guilt. This past weekend I stuck to the Whole30, except instead of having just 3 meals, I did have a snack of an apple with almond butter. I know this isn't the end of the world, but I still felt extremely guilty and like I ruined my entire Whole30. Does anyone have any advice to get out of this mindset? 

A couple things:

- congrats on reaching day 29!

- a snack of apple with almond butter is compliant.

You didn't break any rules and didn't go anywhere near ruining your Whole30. No guilt necessary.  :)  From "How to Do the Perfect* Whole30": "this doesn’t mean you fail your Whole30 if you have a snack, eat a conventional burger, or buy canned tomatoes with citric acid." - See more at: http://whole30.com/2014/01/perfect-whole30/#sthash.GBSNBnjz.dpuf

Maybe the idea is to move away from judging yourself based on what you eat. Food just is. Now, some foods can make you feel less healthy and others make you feel more healthy, and that's what the Whole30 helps you figure out.  But who you are as a person and human being has zero to do with the food you choose to eat.

That's fantastic, lawdiva8! Well done. 

Be kind to yourself and take a step back, so that you can really see what you've achieved. Have faith that you'll be able to use all this experience to make good choices, and if you do decide to treat yourself, it will be just that: a treat. Not a backslide! 

I've just finished day 12. Loving the inspiration on these boards.

Archived