AWiens' Whole30 Log

awiens

I came upon whole 30 searching for paleo recipes. My husband and I have tried to switch our family to paleo a couple times all of which have resulted in me being exhausted, possibly crying asking him to just order a pizza. 

I am going at this alone this time, although he is very supportive. I think it will be easier to just be responsible for me. We have 3 kids 5,3, and 4 months, I will be letting them try different things I make but just in a effort to let them experience it. My husband will be eating mostly the same as me but with other foods added in. 

I am currently 180 pounds which is 5 pounds more than I was when I got pregnant. Sadly, after my son was born I quickly got down to 165 but, bounced back while making some pretty horrible food choices. I have been having migraines, joint pain, heart palpitations, my hands and feet go numb constantly, I have also been SO incredibly tired. 

I have just decided I cant live like this and I need to do something. I want to feel better. 

I started June 30. So far it hasn't been nearly as hard as I expected. I have allowed myself more fruit than suggested since I am breast feeding and still figuring this out. Compared to my normal eating a package of cookies in one sitting I don't think a peach is going to do much harm.

I came upon whole 30 searching for paleo recipes. My husband and I have tried to switch our family to paleo a couple times all of which have resulted in me being exhausted, possibly crying asking him to just order a pizza. 

I am going at this alone this time, although he is very supportive. I think it will be easier to just be responsible for me. We have 3 kids 5,3, and 4 months, I will be letting them try different things I make but just in a effort to let them experience it. My husband will be eating mostly the same as me but with other foods added in. 

I am currently 180 pounds which is 5 pounds more than I was when I got pregnant. Sadly, after my son was born I quickly got down to 165 but, bounced back while making some pretty horrible food choices. I have been having migraines, joint pain, heart palpitations, my hands and feet go numb constantly, I have also been SO incredibly tired. 

I have just decided I cant live like this and I need to do something. I want to feel better. 

Intuitively, you know don't you.   I knew if I didn't do this immediately...well, I just can't say.  It's too finite.

Archived