Newbie, today is day 2!

Rkz220

Hello all, 1st timer here...started yesterday and definitely experienced the "what's the big deal" but woke up definitely feeling weak and tired this morning. I feel like I ate pretty good yesterday:

B-2 eggs + some whites (carton) blended with lots of spinach, 2 avocado, 3 pieces uncured turkey bacon, coffee plus slash coconut milk and oil

Boy was I satisfied for a while!

L-big salad (organic super greens) with red and green pepper, olives, onions, kalmata olives, balsamic vinegar, topped with tuna mixed with 1/2 avocado, Granny Smith apple to follow

D-raw carrots, king salmon fillet, green beans, sweet potato

My main reason for doing whole30 is bc I have been in this SEE food rut for too long now, of it is there I eat it, my clothes are getting too tight and I feel like crap all the time

I'm pretty athletic and hope to see some improvements in my energy and running with this whole30 challenge...also to reset my body to not crave crap! Hoping my acne prone skins shows some improvements too!!

Anyways, any words of wisdom or constructive criticism always appreciated !

Half way through day 4 and I was to EAT ALL THE CARBS...I'm day dreaming of cupcakes, ice cream, and bagels...hehe so dramatic but ya..serious cravings over here. Lunch today was sooo good, big salad with pecans, strawberries, chicken, and avocado dressed with balsalmic vinegar. Experiencing mouth hunger if anyone is familiar with that. Broiled fish and broccoli def doesnt sound good but I could eat some chocolate, ect, ect ;) 

Mostly felt like crap all morning after having breakfast--eggs, spinach, and turkey bacon for breakfast. Feel much more energetic after lunch, must have been the carbs from the strawberries. Going to hot yoga tonight and hoping for a decent practice.

Congratulations for making it to day 4 are you in the kill all things stage yet? I have a few notes on your meals.

Most turkey bacon has maple syrup or some other sugar, are you sure your turkey bacon is compliant? If it is please let me know what brand you have so I can get some.

Are you eating enough starchy veggies? This can help keep you satisfied. I don't know what your diet was like before but if you ate a sad diet you could have been eating 300 grams of carbs per day and now you could be eating less than 50. That can make you feel miserable. You might want to try sweet potatoes, beets, squash, turnips, etc. If you are active you will need more carbs. Good Luck!

uh oh, i think it's applegate naturals uncured turkey bacon...i didnt think about it having added sugar  :mellow: . I had a sweet potato on days 1 and 2....maybe I felt so awful this morning bc I didnt have one yesterday...my previous diet involved lots of carbs, I eat mostly healthy real foods but processed sugary crap has creeped into my diet....an almost daily event which is one of my reasons for doing whole30

Archived