What about beverages!

There's always kombucha, or sparkling water with a dash of rosewater...sounds really bizarre but it tastes amazing. You can do fruit-infused waters on whole 30 too. Or iced coffee made with coconut milk/iced chai tea minus the honey. Chai is easy to make if you have a well-stocked spice cupboard (and I imagine you do if you're doing this program); just infuse a couple of rooibos (or whatever type of tea you like, maybe earl grey or ceylon) with a handful of star anise, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger and leave it to cool. Strain it, and drink as is or with the addition of a splash of coconut milk. Hope that helps.

Rose 

Green tea (possibly with some ginger and/or lemongrass) is a pretty nice refreshment as ice tea, too.

I personally try to wean myself from adding too much to my water on a regular basis though because I think I should drink to hydrate my body / because I'm thirsty, not to constantly entertain my bored tastebuds inbetween meals (nothing to do with Whole30 rules, that's just me).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived