I think I may not do so well on chocolate ;(

Britishgal

So far I have been tired the day after bread (I love it but it'll be a real treat item), fine after goats/sheep/buffalo dairy (never been good on cows milk and loath drinking any milk so just cheese and what will be a rare Greek yoghurt)

I tried 99% chocolate a couple of days ago and had a dodgy tummy and stinging headache so today I tried making a cocoa paleo treat (just to test) and again I developed an almost immediate headache and actually threw up a few minutes later ;(

I know it's not the sugar as I had honey with my bread a few days before with no adverse affects...could it simply be the cocoa? I've loved and eaten it all my life so I'm shocked at the reaction but if it is it'll have to go *sob*

The odd thing is I'm 39 and apart from the year I was pregnant I have given up chocolate for Lent every year since I was 4 (plus all confectionery/crisps/biscuits etc the last few years) and apart from chocolate always tasting bland on Easter Day I've never had any bad effects when starting to eat it...usually in huge quantities!

I am not sure what 99% chocolate is. Does it have soy? Most chocolate has dairy and soy so it could be the soy. You can have reactions for days so it still could be from yesterday. If it was pure cocoa both times than it could be that you are sensitive to it. I hope you feel better!

No soy...heres the ingredients:

Cocoa mass, fat reduced cocoa powder, cocoa butter, demerara sugar.

Cocoa solids: 99% min.

The paleo treat was pure cocoa powder (no other ingredients), honey, unsweetened coconut and banana..

;(

Archived