WLS Post Ops and Whole30

Any WLS post-ops do this program before? If so, I'd love to hear about your experience and any advice you have. In December I'll be four years out and am finding it hard to maintain my 160 lb weight loss as bad habits and that dreaded sugar and carb monster have reappeared in my life. I've been researching the Whole30 program for about a month now and just bought the book. Hoping to start this program in August once I finish the book. One of my main concerns is breakfast, going on 4 years now I've lived off of protein shakes for breakfast as my pouch doesn't like food the first few hours its up.. Did any of you have this problem? How'd you get around it? Also, with our restricted portion sizes were you able to get enough protein in daily? My surgeon and NUT still want me to aim for 100g per day. 

Any insight you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

What is a NUT?  

I have 3 female relatives who've had this surgery.  My only suggestion is the Dirty 30 Best Group thread.  Two gained all of their weight back because they ....well, I can't say.  If you read the thread above, you'll know why. 

You'll have to hear back from a Moderator about your food choices.  They can help you with the smoothie breakfast.  I wish you good eating and sweet dreams.   :) 

Archived