What do you normally order at a pizza place?

Hi! I'm on day 2 of my first Whole30! I'm a freelance photographer and the place I'm working at today provides free lunch from a rotating list of restaurants. Today it's a pizza place and it looks like I'll need to find a different lunch solution. The only thing I see is in the appetizer section there is "Oven-roasted asparagus". Am I wrong? What do you normally try to eat at a pizza place?

Thanks,

Andrew

Here's the menu if you want to take a look:

http://theromancandle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/TRC-Madison-Menu-v4.pdf?willy

It looks like they make their dressings... you should call and ask what is in them. And if they marinate their chicken in anything for the salads. I'd go with a garden salad w/ chicken if it's all compliant.

Hi! I'm on day 2 of my first Whole30! I'm a freelance photographer and the place I'm working at today provides free lunch from a rotating list of restaurants. Today it's a pizza place and it looks like I'll need to find a different lunch solution. The only thing I see is in the appetizer section there is "Oven-roasted asparagus". Am I wrong? What do you normally try to eat at a pizza place?

Thanks,

Andrew

Here's the menu if you want to take a look:

http://theromancandle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/TRC-Madison-Menu-v4.pdf?willy

Are you going to be able to do the ordering or is someone else doing it for you? If the latter it might be better to just say no thank you. I think personally I would opt for one of the large salads asking them to leave off all the non-compliant ingredients and using my own dressing. I would ask how the chicken is seasoned and prepared and see if they can cook it with no seasoning and dry and if so add that to the salad. If not get a can of tuna or salmon or chicken (check the ingredients lists for soy, sugar, etc) from a local grocery store and add that to the salad.

Thanks! Someone else is doing the ordering but I've had their chicken on salads before and it's not marinated or anything, so I'm going for the garden salad plus chicken with olive oil and vinegar or just lemon juice for dressing. Thanks again!

Please call and ask how it is cooked. Even if it isn't marinated or seasoned I doubt it is dry grilled. It is always better to err on the side of asking especially as a lot of restaurants use soybean oil.

Archived