Another whole 30 who's in ? ! JULY 26

Nickle83

Hi! 

i'm doing the whole30 again and was hoping to find some others to join me ! if your new to the program your more than welcome to join this forum, or if you've already completed the whole30 and want to do round 2 please join in !

i've had great success with this lifestyle change, and being part of a forum held me accountable and made 30 days possible. 

i've just finished a season of treeplanting while being whole30 as much as possible and it was my best season ! if anyone is familiar with planting it is FULL of carbs and cookies so it was interesting to see if i could keep up to the energy expenditure of my coe-workers. i could! and more ! 

Now being back to the city lifestyle i find myself slipping into old habits, so wanting to nip it in the butt i'm doing this challenge again. 

hope to hear from you ! 

Nickle83

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to re-start today so I'll tag along. This is my 3rd re-start since trying from July 2nd... and this is my 3rd overall attempt at trying to complete a 2nd whole 30 (did my first in January). really trying to make it stick, but having a lot of difficulty.

Just finished my first Whole 30 on the 23rd. I'm down 29lbs and lost 3.5 " on my waist. Feeling awesome for the first time ever with this new lifestyle change. I lost 60 lbs 2 yrs ago and hated it because I was starving all the time and was happier when I gave up and started againing wieght again- not with this though! Thie is a healthier way of eating and I am benefiting by feeling great, losing weight and getting rid of depression and anxiety! I am starting my new whole 30 on Monday. Wanted to give me self a few days to see what I still need to work on and what challeneges come may way and how I deal with them . Good luck to everyone- you will fell tired and weak in the beginning but the positive changes happen quickly- trust me! I am a major food addict and I am a changed person now! For the first time ever I am in control of myself! I love talking about whole 30 and sharing recipes so feel free to contact me! BTW- have to true Nom Nom's spicy Tuna cakes- they are easy and awesome! Good luck!

I am new to Whole30 and plan to start August 1st, so I will climb on board during my transition.  I have done juice cleanses and plant based gluten free vegan but going Paleo has been hard for me to transition to eating meat again.  It is not that I don't like eating it so much as I really don't feel comfortable preparing it and I really don't enjoy or know how to cook well.  But, regardless I am making the committment to give it a 30 day effort (with my husband and kids in tow)!  Looking forword and open to any pointers from the experts out there :-)  I want energy, weight loss, and to finally break free from my sugar cravings!  Thanks!

so happy for the responses ~! i'm excited to get to know all of you :)

3rd times a charm bpxdomino ! i think it's understandable to have a hard time in JUly, summer get together s and cold sugary beverages are so tempting - but you can do it, and if we all keep each other accountable, then you will not be alone :)

wow your story is amazing Bmihealth that's a lot of changes for just one month, i'm happy your continuing with it. i stayed pretty close to the whole30 for about 3 months and it just better, energy mood all these things. so i'm happy your on a roll and lovin it!

Welcome Aschance20 i'm really glad you've joined this conversation :) comming from smoothies and vegan i am impressed you are taking this whole challenge and excited to see the positive results for you !

meat will get easier to handle (i have this hard time with seafood for some reason) last winter i really got into prepping my meat. marinades brine's... i'll send you some links - the product is worth the prep (which isn't much really) and a thermometer will probably be your best friend. !? it's going to change your life and i'm sure your family will follow suite. 

ok good luck everyone ! 

it's nice to be back on this program i like having boundaries around food. it's nice to say no to things :)

Good morning!!! I am starting tomorrow (7/27) so I will tag along with you all. This will be my second whole30 and I can't be more excited! I had awesome results from my first whole30 which ended 6/6. During my first whole30 I focused soley on food and didn't exercise much, but this time around I'm planning on working out daily as well. I have been eating 75% compliant for the last two months, so I don't think the transition will be hard.

Tips for first timers:

-Find time to meal prep. An hour or two over the weekend will really help you save time and be compliant.

-Plan ahead and prepare for the unexpected. Keep a Larabar or an apple and almonds with you in case you need them like when you get stuck at work and you won't be able to eat dinner in time to appease your body.

-Don't be afraid to eat out, just research first. Check the menus and allergy info online. Call or ask for specifics. Steak houses are great options.

Hi everyone!

This is my first whole30 and I started yesterday. So far so good! I even took my sons {ages 17 and 15} to the movies today and I didn't feel one bit tempted by all the cr*p I might have in the past {popcorn and Reese's pieces specifically!}. It felt good to really focus on the movie for once! LOL! I have a dear friend in California and one that lives in Augusta doing the whole30 as well.

Thank you so much for starting this thread...it helps not to feel so alone! My hubby is very supportive as are my sons...we are using my menu and then adding in carbs they enjoy. I'm very excited to see how I feel at the end, and bmihealth sharing that weight loss was amazing and inspiring! :)

Positive, healthy vibes to everyone! :)

Lori

Hi! I started on the 26th as well!
I'm really excited to try this program. At first, I must confess, I'll try to have just a whole7, and see how it works. If I were back at home in Italy it would be muuuuuch easier, so I'll start with a smaller goal and work hard on it.
Let's give our best!

Good morning!

@tinman57 I already love your attitude!

@loribell -Kudos at avoiding the treats at the movies!!!

How did everyone elses first day go?

Today is my first day and my Sunday food prep is underway. For my weekly food prep for this week I have stocked my fridge with 9 boild eggs, enough sweet potato hash for a week of breakfasts, roasted brussel sprouts, taco meat (for taco salads), and a pizza casserole.

If anyone needs meal/recipe ideas, I post all my food pics on my instagram.

Oh and for the first timers...if you haven't taken a before picture yet, do it!!! Taking pictures each week during my first whole30 and seeing a difference helped me not be tempted to step on the scale and kept me motivated to keep going.

Have a great day!

Sarah

Hey there - starting day 3 with a run and feeling good. I may have had a bit too much coffee yesterday - need to watch that, as the way I prepare coffee (semi-bulletproof) might be swypo (I love it better than starbucks lattes!)

AuburngalNC, love the idea of taking photos each week! This will be my 2nd W30 (after a few crash and burn attempts earlier this month) so maybe that will help keep me on track.

bpxdomino what's your semi bulletproof recipe? i was looking into that. ive been taking MCT oil this summer and went to a raw / vegan restaurant and had this crazy latte with MCT oil cocoa butter and goat milk. wow did i LOVe it! so i'm trying to replicate it but minus the goat milk,,,, anyways it's a hard one for me. 

i'm also hoping as the program moves on i can add more challenging eliminations. i have a coffee problem so i would like to NOT have a coffee every day 3 and 1's that's my ideal but i'm pretty hooked right now !

i slipped yesterday ! so guess that puts me to day one/? eck * been applying to new jobs and got all anxious and ate chocolate. man got to be stronger than that! 

happy sunday everyone !

Pizza casserole my version of PaleOMG's recipe: http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-pizza-spaghetti-pie/ . I use chicken italian sausage and use a whole onion, 1 large green pepper, and fresh basil. It is so yummy that my 12 year old asked me to bring it to family night at his Boy Scout camp! It is our new favorite meal and for when you are not on whole30 and if you can tolerate it, it is great sprinkled with parmesean. :)

and speaking of coffee...I have my first batch of cold brewed coffee in the works. I'm hoping to have it in the morning with coconut milk and maybe a drop of vanilla or a little cinnamon.

Here is my instagram for anyone interested: http://instagram.com/auburngalnc

Nickle - my coffee is simple - just a tsp of coconut oil and a tsp of cocoa. Blended with my coffee, it makes a nice frothy delicious beverage! I was able to stick with just one today!

Anxiety has definitely played a role in my wagon-falls earlier this month. I was given some good advice to make a list of things that relax me other than eating (reading, walking the dog, guided visualization) - these are things I'll go to if needed as I try to make this W30 stick! Day 3 just about in the books - so that's 10% done, right? :)

Hey Everyone!! Just checking in. Day 2 for me. I struggled last night because I realized that after two weeks on vacation I had gotten back into the snacking habit...healthy snacks, but mindless calories. It will probably be a struggle for this whole first week for me. On a positive note, I made my first batch of cold brew coffee and enjoyed it this morning with coconut milk over ice...let me tell you, it was the best thing I've ever tasted. I may try a hazelnut coffee next time, but I will definitely be enjoying what I've made this week.

Anyone else struggling with breaking a snacking habit?

Have a great day!

Sarah

Hey all,

I'm jumping in here. I started my first whole30 on July 1, and then I had wine on the 26th. I posted about it in the July 1 thread--I don't really feel guilty because I made a conscious choice and I didn't go off plan in terms of food (the old me would have had wine and then ordered pizza or gone through the drive through). I feel so awesome from my 26 days, that I figured I'd just count yesterday as a "restart" and go from there. One other "failure" in my first attempt was that I weighed myself...like, a lot. I have an unhealthy relationship with the scale. So, I weighed myself this morning (technically Day 2, but whatever) and I'm now putting my scale away until 30 days is over. The good news? I lost 19.5 lbs in my 26 days! Crazy town! I started with about 75 to lose and I'm 5'10, so that's part of why its so much probably (as opposed to someone who is already near goal weight). I feel amazing--it's been life changing for me. I've done paleo before, but there's something about the strictness of Whole30 that has just made me more mindful. So, I'm on "day 2" and going strong!

A bit about me: I'm a 30yo single woman in Indianapolis. I working education policy and have a pretty high stress job. I'm a crossfitter (just getting back into it) and training for a half marathon. I started the Whole30 on July 1 at my heaviest weight ever and feeling like crap about myself. In just a month, my outlook has done a 180. Here's to another 28 days (and the rest of my life) of feeling awesome!

One other "failure" in my first attempt was that I weighed myself...like, a lot. I have an unhealthy relationship with the scale. So, I weighed myself this morning (technically Day 2, but whatever) and I'm now putting my scale away until 30 days is over.

Yes!! Put that scale away and do a true whole30!!! I know where you are coming from. I am one of those that weighed myself every day at least once on a scale that goes down to two tenths of a pound because it was recommended on all of these dieting sites. I was driving myself insane with my scale obsession!! I mentioned in an earlier post, what has helped me kick the scale obsession is by taking weekly pictures of myself. Between comparing the pictures and blogging about my non-scale victories, I was able to kick the habit during my first whole30. Even after my first round ended, I have allowed myself only once a week to step on the scale and have continued to focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit. It has given me a body confidence that I haven't had in years!

You all can do it!!! Here is a post that I found helpful during my first whole30 and I know others did as well... http://everydaypaleo.com/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/

A bit about me: I'm a 30yo single woman in Indianapolis. I working education policy and have a pretty high stress job. I'm a crossfitter (just getting back into it) and training for a half marathon. I started the Whole30 on July 1 at my heaviest weight ever and feeling like crap about myself. In just a month, my outlook has done a 180. Here's to another 28 days (and the rest of my life) of feeling awesome!

Hey there - I also jumped over to this thread from the July 1 group, but I had two fails so far. I'm feeling good on day 4, but have some challenges ahead of me this month (a few social events I have to prepare for). Also doing crossfit and training for a half marathon. Congrats on your successes so far!

Archived