Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Remember. The first thing going down in a storm is the  power. The functional power.

Most gas stations need power to pump the gas. Water and wastewater treatment plants need power to operate.

The food in a closed fridge in a hot and humid climate will last 4 hours after the power goes down. After that, it's not recommended that you feed it to the kids or the older folkaronies or yourself.

Without power, there's no ice for the cooler. You need a portable bug-out bag stove to cook the food if you take perishable food.

Don't wait until the last minute to build your bug-out bag. If you have to evacuate, you're not going to have time to carry cans and jars and all of the heavy food into your vehicles.

Travel light but take the essentials.

Don't be scared. Be prepared.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2017/09/06/preventing-preterm-birth-preemie-genes-identified/

Preterm births, preemie genes have been identified. A selenium deficiency has been linked to premature births.

The team looked at DNA and other data from more than 50,000 women from the United States and northern European countries. The researchers identified six gene regions that influence the length of pregnancy and the timing of birth.

"These are exciting findings that could play a key role in reducing newborn deaths and giving every child the chance to grow up smart and strong," said Trevor Mundel, president of the Global Health Division at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

DATA SYNTHESIS:

The studies reported that low blood selenium levels are associated with increased risk of respiratory diseases. Preterm infants, especially with low birth weight, presented lower selenium levels. Selenium deficiency has also been associated with the use of oral infant formula, enteral and parenteral nutrition (with or without selenium addition). The optimal dose and length of selenium supplementation is not well-established, since they are based only on age group and selenium ingestion by breastfed children. Furthermore, the clinical status of the infant affected by conditions that may increase oxidative stress, and consequently, selenium requirements is not taken into account.

CONCLUSIONS:

Prematurity and low birth weight can contribute to low blood selenium in premature infants. Selenium supplementation seems to minimize or prevent clinical complications caused by prematurity.

Remember. Turn off all of the propane tanks before the storm hits and/or you leave your property...your BBQ's.

Turn your fridge to the coldest setting if you know the storm is headed your direction.  If the power goes down it will preserve your food a tad longer but don't take chances with it.

Much Love. Tanto Amore.  Stay Safe.

hqdefault.jpg

In my piney woods, it's the fires and I'm watching the edge of the craton plates. They're locked and when that happens, there's a release of energy and power.

It's normal to have some movement every day.

US_craton_quakes.jpg

Nothing is moving and compensation movement moves downstream. Since the total solar eclipse there have been various kinds of seismic and weather events. 

Don't be scared. Be prepared.

4b0a06074517cddca845a1df6c66daef.jpg

Running doesn't solve seismic events. We're not running anywhere but underneath a heavy dining room table; or outside into a clearing. Don't stand under a ceiling fan, light fixtures or trees.

Floods and fires, don't wait to evacuate. That is all.

DO NOT stand in a doorway: An enduring earthquake image of California is a collapsed adobe home with the door frame as the only standing part. From this came our belief that a doorway is the safest place to be during an earthquake.

Take cover under a sturdy piece of furniture or seek cover against an interior wall and protect your head and neck with your arms. Avoid danger spots near windows, hanging objects, mirrors, or tall furniture. Hold the position until the ground stops shaking and it is safe to move.

ladybug-daisy.ngsversion.1396530835098.j

Running doesn't solve anything. Even cats know that.

That old saying...It's just like herding cats - doesn't hold up. This cat knows when the light turns green but the W30 cat lovers have always known how smart their cats are.  We need something to lighten up that wild atmosphere in the world.

It's sobering to think about everyone out there tonight who's weathering the storm. We're still recovering from Harvey. They're telling everyone to be careful with candles and open flames.

Spirituality is a free gift. You don't have to pay anyone to discover who you really are. I'm praying for my WD30 friends in the path of the storm and everyone else.

They say when choosing your path in life you should follow your heart.  Do what you love and you'll find your purpose. 

But our skills pay the bills. You can follow your passion and end up with whopping boatloads of debt and still not find a job. Our skills pay the way and buy the fuel for our passions. Like a side chick. :D

We should do what we're good at.  Our hearts and feelings can be fickle.

Following our heart is not the same as wisdom. We have to use our heads besides something to part our ears with.  Especially in times like these.

Your heart may lead you to a road with water, thinking you can drive through but lead us down the road to nowhere fast. May the power of Irma lose all of her strength.

Find movement and activities you enjoy. Do all of them on your own terms.

If I had all of those dollars I've thrown away on gym memberships and clubs I could've bought whopping boatloads of outside gear that I really wanted in the first place.

Bear is a pro at keeping financial priorities in order..making order out of all of that chaos. He's got all of his skills and priorities dialed in.

Shapeless clothing/tents are making a comeback, I'm not buying any.

Dieting and exercise. Doing things you never wanted to do all in the name of weight loss. Spending money on things you do not like and never liked.

Getting off of that gerbil wheel and refusing to follow trendy everything is true freedom.

Do you feel obligated to do things you don't want to do.

I had to learn to create my own positive food management plan and I got rid of the dreadmill. We only have so much time to spend on our passions. Our side chick. 

After all, our skills pay the bills. Don't spend money on things you don't like.  Empower yourself. Give yourself permission to stop dieting and exercising, exercising, exercising.

I reframed my life with movement, movement, movement. Forward in motion.  Fluid. Flowing like a river.

I no longer devote giant month hunks of my time to dieting and exercise.  Shawshank it.

Food Prison or Food Freedom.

You have to actually know that you're locked up before you can set that captive free.  You.

When someone steps on your deeply felt principles of freedom, you'll know it.  You'll recognize it. 

Those nagging feelings of regret and resistance come flooding back in.  I'm not going out like that.

Every family and every life matters. Yours, too.

Our skills pay the bills and we do what we're good at. Using our skills can still fuel our passions. They have to be your side chicks because we cannot chase after every storm or every desire of the heart.

My side chicks are seismology and studying storms. Seismic and atmospheric storms.  Hurricanes, tornadoes, solar and earthquake swarms. 

Tiny hineys are nice but just point me in the direction of a storm and I'm on point like a bird dog. I'm stuck like glue. Wild horses couldn't pull be away.

We've been having solar flaring over the last few days. I lurve solar flaring.

Magnificent_CME_Erupts_on_the_Sun_-_Augu

Solar flaring for our group, the WD30 was all 'bout da tiny hineys. The fat went splat to the sun and returned to the earth in the form of solar flaring.  It created energy for all of the peoples on the earth who are cold and freezing.  Mostly grandmaws and grandpaws who seem to struggle with keeping dem bones dem bones warm.

solar_flare-normal.jpg

Archived