robot5

robotarmy

It's the eve of Whole30 #5! Yay! What an exciting time.

I was along for the ride in June, but that was kind of a last minute decision to go along with a friend. This one is for me. :)

Went to the store yesterday to load up on veggies. That white potatoes are included now is kind of a godsend. They are cheap and filling and provide a nice alternative to sweet potatoes or squash.

The ever-so-lovely sr robotarmy will most likely not be joining me, but he is supportive. And that's what counts.

Looking forward to a month of awesome.

Hey girl :)

I am also glad that white potatoes are now allowed,will make family emals easier as my 11 year old hates sweet potato.

Look fwd to following your adventure x

Hi Derval! How have you been? Hope all is well in your neck of the woods :)

Happy August 1! Last night sr robotarmy and I were having our 2nd dinner in a row of breakfast burritos, and an a.m.a.z.i.n.g. strawberry shortcake for dessert. The dessert was out of the norm for us, but there were strawberries to use up. It was really.really good. Really.

So this morning It's duck eggs and veggies for me. There's a small pork roast in the fridge that I'm going to cook for the weekend. Tonight we're also going to pick up the CSA box, which I believe has peaches in it this week. That's good stuff right there. Tomorrow night sr robotarmy and I are going out to dinner at a place that serves primarily BBQ, but I've found success ordering sauce on the side at restaurants, so I'm not super worried. I can get plain meat and a side salad or baked potato.

It's a beautiful morning here in the desert: 80, cloudy, and muggy. Beautiful. A great way to start the day.

Day 1 meals

Breakfast: salad of greens, heirloom tomatoes, carrot, onion. Sardines. Dressed with the olive oil from the sardines and balsamic vinegar. All veggies organic, and all but the greens were local. I'm totally one of those people who wants to eat local as much as possible. And I'm fortunate to live in a place where that's possible all year round.

Lunch: another salad. Greens, carrot, onion, tuna, boiled potato. Dressed with EVOO, balsamic, brown mustard, and sprinkled with dill. Fantástico!

Weekend got busy. Had a ton of prep work to do to get back into the office today, and I just didn't have time to stop by and log stuff!

At this point my poor brain is so overloaded that I just can't remember what I ate over the weekend.

Today: leftover pork curry, salad with tons of veggies and salmon, and for dinner a salad of sweet potato/broccoli tahini and a little more leftover pork.

More later, if time! Happy August 4, everyone!

Just got to work and realized that I forgot to pack my can of salmon for lunch today. I have a substantial amount of food with me (a hefty salad with a good, fatty dressing, and 2 peaches) but I know that I do miss that protein if I don't have it. Here's hoping that I'll get a few minutes to run out to the store to get a can of tuna or something. If not, I will get through the day just fine. After all, forgetting little bit of food on top of the food that I brought with me to work is the definition of a first world problem.

Okay, just under an hour before my first meeting. Let's see how much I can get finished in that time!

Got to the store to get a can of tuna. Good stuff. Along with my salad (that is AWESOME), this is a tremendous lunch. I'll have tons of energy to power through the rest of the day til dinner.

Awesome salad: mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, onion, basil, carrot, boiled potato, seared broccoli, tahini dressing (EVOO, lemon juice, tahini). 

Very pleased about this food situation. I kind of want to eat this salad for the rest of the week.

Archived