Demobhappy's first Whole30

Demobhappy

Hello everyone. I'm starting my first Whole30 today, 1st August 2014. I've also just started two weeks holiday at home (so I'll have plenty of time to cook) and as of today I am no longer head of my department so I am now a part-time semi-retired person, so it's definitely time to get over all the stress-related carb bingeing and get healthier.

I stopped eating sugar (apart from small amounts in e.g. shop-bought mayo) a month or two ago, and for the last few days I haven't had any gluten, and only small amounts of gluten-free filler in sausages, so I'm not expecting to have bad cravings on the programme (though we shall see...). My appetite decreased sharply when I stopped eating sugar, so I think my main problem is going to be getting through the daily vegetables. If you're reading this and see me slacking off on the veggies, please give me a poke!

As I'm holidaying at home I've spent lots of money on organic meat and veg to get myself started. Big order of grass-fed and pastured meat arriving today from the internet!

Here's my first day's food:

Meal 1: Three egg scramble with red pepper, onion, courgette, thyme, tarragon, cooked in coconut oil. Seemed like a massive breakfast...

Meal 2: Chicken Waldorf salad with paleo mayo and salad leaves. Now feeling seriously stuffed...

Snack: cherries.

Meal 3: Beef, carrot and sweet potato chilli with wilted spinach in avocado oil.

Welcome to the whole30. Like you, I had cut out sugars, dairy, and gluten before I started this program, and experienced no cravings. Mind you I walk by pastry and bread stores everyday, and enjoy the smell, without wanting anything. If anything this experience has changed in me is to enjoy the smell of something without having to eat it. Live with somebody who eats lots of breads, and toasts... So far not a single craving... On day 44 and going strong....

I started today. Very motivated!

I am 41 and I switched to to Paleo lifestyle about 7 weeks ago but had a few cheats along the way. That is why I joined this Whole30. I need to get serious about my health!

Archived