day 9, feeling suddenly faint

SteFYI

I suddenly started feeling really faint (sudden cold sweat and then felt like very light headed), and am eating lunch now and will see how that goes, but I'm wondering if y'all can at least ease my mind or give me some ideas as to why!

I woke up late this morning - around 9am and had breakfast at 10 which was 4 eggs cooked in coconut oil, 1/2 avocado and sweet potatoes.

I started making lunch around 2:15 and while I was doing it I started feeling really wooooozy.

After eating lunch of (half apple, half avocado, cucumber, lime juice and olive oil and a palms worth of shredded pork i'm feeling a little bit better, but not quite right.  

Are you eating enough salt? Many people forget to salt their food on the whole30. If you are no longer eating package foods and takeout you have reduced your salt intake significantly. I have heard that lack of salt can cause dizziness. I hope you feel better soon.

I felt the same way at Day 7 (I'm Day 10 now).  Did you eat enough yesterday?  I think my episode was related to not eating enough the night before and then in the morning, possibly not drinking enough.  I felt sluggish the day after too, but then on the third day (yesterday) I broke through it and felt amazing.  Stick through it and make sure to spend some time relaxing and getting enough rest.  You can do it!

So, I actually think I have the a stomach bug.  When I started getting really hot, I remembered that yesterday my roommate had asked me to feel her head because she felt hot, and then proceeded to get sick in the bathroom. :(  So, that's probably it!  

You may want to think about asking your doctor.  I had this problem before I started the Whole 30 - dizzyness when I would get up too fast or if it was too hot (so bad that my vision would go hazy or completely black!) - and my doctor ran some tests and found out I was anemic.  Now, my problem was that I am a vegetarian and had stopped eating my regular vegetables as I temporarily moved in with my family and didn't want to take up their fridge space with all my veggies so I wasn't getting the iron I thought I was.  If you're a vegetarian, it's a likely problem.  Even if you're not, it could happen.  Check out foodswithiron.com

You could also have low blood pressure as I was told by the first doctor I went to for this problem.  Increasing your salt intake will definitely help!  I now add salt to most things and i feel much better (along with adding in iron rich veggies again) I was also told that increasing your coffee intake will help as well, but as I am not a coffee drinker, I can't tell you from experience if it did.

Good luck! :)

Archived