Starting tomorrow!!!! August 18th!!!!

Emily21

Hi everyone!!

I am starting my Whole30 tomorrow!!  I'm nervous and excited!!  I"m not looking for any magic, but I do need to break my unhealthy relationship with sugar....sorry sugar, it's time to go!

I've wanted to do this for a while, but there was always something in the way-a party, a picnic, an event--no more excuses!  I have 2 events coming up in the next 2 weeks, but I am going to consider them part of the challenge  :)

Fridge is stocked, meal plan template is printed and posted for quick reference, and meals are planned!  My husband is NOT participating, so this may be a little tough, with some noncompliant foods in the house still.

I was not able to talk anyone else into doing this with me, so I'll be leaning on the forum for my support!!  Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone else starting soon!!

Hi, I am starting my 2nd tomorrow too! I did my first back in March 2013 and it was great, but I didn't really reintro properly and after a few short-lived attempts, I am committed to starting tomorrow. My husband and two kids are not on board, but my mother-in-law is, which will be nice this time around. I have an egg casserole in the oven right now and heading to the grocery store this afternoon. Good luck, we can do this! it's definitely all in the planning and preparation. :) The forum and the daily emails helped a ton my first time around too.

Good luck! I'm starting my first tomorrow too. 

I also have a non compliant fiancee and son. So there are still a lot of noncompliant foods to avoid in my house! They've agreed to try some recipes but they don't want to be as strict as the rules state. 

Stocked the fridge and working on meal prep today. Sugar is definitely going to be the hardest part for me. 

We can do this! :)

I'm also starting my second today (Aug 18 in my time zone :) ). I'm like you - I have a weekend away next weekend and was going to start after that, but I woke up this morning feeling pretty crappy after eating junk tomorrow and have decided to just dive in - I can manage the weekend if I put in some effort!

Today is my DAY 1 on my first W30. I'm doing it alone- I couldn't convince anyone to join me, including my husband. But, fortunately, he said he'll eat W30 with me for dinner, so I won't have to make two meals. But, we'll have non-compliant foods in the house, and surely he will be drinking beer and eating ice cream. However, that's a good thing- I really need to work on an  unhealthy relationship with food, and unhealthy food will be a part of life forever...so having that stuff around and being forced to consciously say NO will help me in the long run. 

GOOD LUCK- I'm looking forward to being part of the group :)

I started today as well. Did some damage at whole foods yesterday, prepped and ready to go. day one down, also "on track" with it being easy so far. Only bummer was I woke up with a little head cold so feeling bad and found a bag of candy i'd hidden in my car- quickly gave it away. :) food packed for tomorrow, kids in bed and i'm ready for sleep. here's to day 2. 

p.s. my partner is "kinda" doing it, she says. I say, "then your not doing it." so far (day 1) she's been "compliant" with me but I'm not counting on it- better for me just to plan for myself and do solo. Wishing everyone good health on your first week!

I started today as well. Did some damage at whole foods yesterday, prepped and ready to go. day one down, also "on track" with it being easy so far. Only bummer was I woke up with a little head cold so feeling bad and found a bag of candy i'd hidden in my car- quickly gave it away. :) food packed for tomorrow, kids in bed and i'm ready for sleep. here's to day 2. 

p.s. my partner is "kinda" doing it, she says. I say, "then your not doing it." so far (day 1) she's been "compliant" with me but I'm not counting on it- better for me just to plan for myself and do solo. Wishing everyone good health on your first week!

Meh, as long as she's happy to eat what you prepare at home (or prepare compliant meals for you to eat) then you can't worry what she does outside of those times. Grown ups get to choose what they do :)

Heh, I started yesterday Aug 18th too.  Its my first W30 and I am excited but daunted.  And yes I am going to value some online support.  I've decided to make dinners W30 compliant and am waiting for the complaints about "no cheese in the salad?"  The rest of the time my husband and daughters are going to have to fend for themselves from the non healthy shelf in the pantry and the fridge.  I am really hoping to throw off my chronic cough that has been lingering for 3 weeks now.  My hope that it would be gone in a day were perhaps a little unrealistic.

I started yesterday as well. This is my first Whole30...and going it alone here. It's okay, though, since they are used to me not usually eating what they eat. I've been plant-based/vegan for the last 2 years. It's not having the results I wanted, so I decided to give this a try. Feels good to have day 2 in the books. 

Jess

Archived