Yesterday (Day 8), the plan was to attend Church then go back home. I had breakfast and then had a meal already cooked for when I got back. After lunch it was off to the gym for LEG DAY! The only problem was after service, the group decided they wanted to go out to eat. By that time I was hungry and wasn't opposed to the idea, I also did not have a choice since I didn't drive. When we got to the restaurant I quickly glanced over the menu and saw a ton of food that was not "whole 30" approved. What I decided on was an omelet with artichoke, tomatoes, and spinach, with a side of veggies and white potatoes. I did not realize this until after I ate but my eggs may have been cooked in butter!! And also the potatoes :(

Uh Oh! How bad is this? Just curious on peoples thoughts!

• Moderators

If the food was cooked in butter, you consumed milk proteins in sufficient quantity to hit the reset button on your 30 days of living dairy free. You can't accurately recognize if you are sensitive to dairy if you do not eliminate it entirely for 30 days. Lots of people think they have no food sensitivities until after they complete a real elimination diet. 

Butter is more expensive than canola oil, so your food may not have been cooked in butter. You should ask how they cook eggs and potatoes. 

Archived