So I actually started a Whole30 on July 26th, but after a couple of mistakes (like not realizing just about all bacon has sugar in it!), my first 'official' day was July 28th. Fast forward to August 10, things are going good, I'm fitting in my clothes better, I can tell I'm starting to feel so much better, and I wake up with an excruciating toothache. I tried to get into a dentist, no luck. So I spend the day trying to manage my pain and trying to eat all my yummy Whole30 foods, but by the end of the day I was so hungry because I just couldn't eat most of them. I needed soft things to eat, and eggs were just not cutting it any more. So I caved. I ate a bunch of stuff I shouldn't. All weekend. I am starting over today, happily. I felt like crap all weekend. Bloated, gassy, icky, AND guilty. I know I didn't do my first attempt long enough to completely heal years of bad eating, but even after only two weeks, I could tell how bad non-Whole30 foods made me feel. So, here I go again. This time I will be prepared for whatever comes my way. Like my topic says, NO EXCUSES!! I look forward to sharing this journey with anyone who will listen! And thanks in advance for all the great support I know I will receive from this awesome community! :-)

Thanks Renee! It does now. Tooth pain has to be some of the worst pain there is!

Does anyone know of a way to start wanting to eat breakfast in the morning? I'm on thyroid medicine (have been for years) so I am used to having to wait an hour or two to eat. I just do not even want to eat until about 12-1pm. From what I've read, I know this isn't a good idea, but I'm just not hungry in the morning! Thanks for any input!

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I stumbled again, but this time I'm not making excuses. It just.....happened. Oops, my bad! So, like any persistent dreamer, I'm back at it! This morning I had a 3 egg omelet with spinach, onions, and peppers, cooked in coconut oil. I also had some coffee with coconut milk in it. I wasn't really hungry the rest of the day, but I did have a small snack of macadamia nuts before going to night class. For dinner I made some chicken with onions and peppers and homemade fajita seasoning. I piled that on a bed of raw cabbage and was only able to eat about half of it. It was not as good as I thought it might be! I think next time I will make a little dressing or just barely wilt the cabbage. I used olive oil for fat. I had an apple a little later since I was still a little hungry from not eating all of my dinner. However, I will say this: I've been sick for two weeks and just haven't been able to shake it. Today after getting back on track, I felt so much better so quickly. And I'm pretty sure I even had a 'carb' headache I was dealing with! Looking forward to another good day tomorrow!

A problem I find I have when I do these is that I have a hard time even getting 1200 calories. I know I should at the very least be getting that many, any suggestions on good lunches or snacks?

So today I did a little better with the calories. I had a basil and prosciutto omelet for breakfast, chicken and cole slaw for lunch, and ginger broccoli chicken for dinner. I did grab about a tablespoon of macadamia nuts and an apple as I knew dinner would be late. It was a hard craving day for me. But my body feels better than it has these last couple of weeks!!! I have recruited a friend to jump on with me and together we are making an awesome support system! :)

Hi Julie! You're doing great. I had a similar start at the beginning of the summer with all kinds of bumps, bruises & misunderstandings (what?!? no bacon?????)... and have been struggling off an on since then. today is my day one. like you,

I know I didn't do my first attempt long enough to completely heal years of bad eating, but even after only two weeks, I could tell how bad non-Whole30 foods made me feel.

and so we journey together. :)

Maggie

Hi Maggie!

Yes.......bacon was a huge bummer for me! I can't believe how many things have sugar in them!! I'm glad we can journey together, sometimes being accountable is the only thing that keeps me on the right path. :) But even with accountability aside, my very first shot at this in July, by the time I faltered at two weeks in, I had already been able to come off of my blood pressure medicine! So this last week, I was so sick and I noticed my blood pressure creeping back up and I just was like ARRGGHH!! No way, not this time! And here I am in day 4, blood pressure back down, and I went from still feeling like crap due to being sick, to waking up and feeling better after day one!!!!! So, it's just hard to argue against any reason to not have this lifestyle. It's not always easy, and it does require planning, but IT'S SOOOOO WORTH IT!!!! I hope we will find success this time around!

Julie

Archived