Start Date Aug. 17th

lealeigh

Hi Everyone!

I started my Whole 30 on Aug. 17th, the day after my 37th birthday.  I have a 10 month old boy and decided I could no longer use the "baby weight" excuse now that he is almost a year old!! =)  I have really struggled with sugar consumption the last few months between limited sleep, a full time job, a 1.5 one way commute, taking care of the boy and non stop pumping!  It became my "little treat"  soon I was having something sweet after every meal.

So!  I decided it was time for a reset.  Let me tell you- day two was terrible.... hangover is accurate.  I had more almonds than I should have but it prevented me from falling face first into the tray of chocolate chip cookies that was sitting out at work.

Day 3 is better so far.  Pretty hungry but trying to adjust and fill up on veggies. Anyone else on day 3?

Thank you, Tom!

I definitely don't think I ate enough yesterday.  I wasn't quite prepared enough with items for at work, but I was as close as I was going to get because I didn't want to put off starting.  I remedied that last night by making some home made mayo for tuna salad and the like as well as buying some olives.  I'll have to work on upping the meal sizes to decrease the occurrence of snacking in between.  

One other item I struggle with is sitting down at the table to enjoy meals.  I have pretty much no "down time" so I end up eating while do other stuff. (work, chasing the baby, cleaning, driving, etc.)  I will have to make more of an effort to change that.

I started Aug 17 as well. I had the same problem as you- my son will be 1 in 3 weeks and I can no longer use the baby weight excuse! I've got 10 pounds to get to pre- baby and another 10 to goal. I'm hoping this will help me get in gear. I didn't want to work out the first few days, but I got in my first workout today and felt great.

I found eating the right amount of fat at each meal helped keep me from getting too hungry. (Strange concept to me!) Nuts have helped too.

How are you guys doing?  Day 5!!  My husband tried to tempt me with a beer last night and I told him how lame that would be if I couldn't even make it more than 4 days =)  Still hungry alot, although a little extra fruit yesterday afternoon seemed to take the edge off.  I'm a little "cloudy" still, but not too bad.  Mac Family, your right about the concept of more fat being strange.  I'm probably still not getting enough.  I'm really struggling with breakfast!!  Any ideas on what to eat besides eggs?  I'm already getting tired of them!=)

I was getting tired of eggs too. But I was eating the same egg scramble (onions, broccoli, cauliflower and 3 eggs) and by day 4 I was sick of it. So today I mixed it up with a "sweet" version and had sweet potato hash and 2 fried eggs. It was delicious but very rich with the coconut oil. This weekend I was going to treat my husband with "real" homemade hash browns and sausage with our eggs. And next week I'm going to try a quiche. And when I'm really sick of eggs, I'll switch to hard boiled + fruit and nuts. I wish I could find some compliant bacon!!!

I definitely notice I'm not as hungry anymore. I think I've figured out how much fat I need for each meal. Today and yesterday have actually been great! Bring on the weekend!

Archived